Level 1 Collection
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Level 1 Collection

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Level 1 Collection

Hello, I recently got to the point where I think my watches are a stable collection. I know there isn't any high-end pieces but I wanted to hear what you guys think of the current collection and maybe some directions to go from here.

Casio Mens G SHOCK GA-100C-8A

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive BM7100-59E

Seiko SNZF17

Timex Weekender 38mm

Name:  20180602_210647.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  2.44 MBName:  20180602_210722.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.32 MBName:  Screenshot 2018-06-02 at 9.23.09 PM.png
Views: 102
Size:  224.9 KBName:  20180602_210701.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  2.62 MB

Thank you
    :D
    vexXed and Peteworrall like this.

Re: Level 1 Collection

Buy what you like, ignore us stuck up snobs, welcome to the forums.
    chuasam, rfortson, Konkur and 4 others like this.
    Current collection. Ingersoll Apache, Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono, Invicta 0070 Pro Diver, Invicta Pro Diver 15503, Chopard LUC 1937 Classic. Breitling Transocean Chronograph

Sold: Rolex Datejust 16013

Sensible selection.

It is a bit hard to give direction on what’s next just because there doesn’t seem to be a theme or vision with the current watches. That’s not a criticism as a theme isn’t needed, it jsut makes it harder for others to direct you without more information. That said, how about a more traditional dress watch on a leather strap? This is an area you haven’t squarely hit. I could sell you a gerlach kosmonauta, but that’s a bit of an oddity.

I should add, I’m not a g-shock guy, but I dig the powder blue hands on an all black watch. Very cool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Yeah there isn't really a theme. I'm trying to have a watch for each situation. The g-shock is technically a dark gray but I still like it with the blue hands. I'm currently using the Casio as a dress watch, I don't use a dress watch very often. Should I try getting leather straps for the casio or a different dress watch a better option?

Nice coverage - beater, everyday/dressy, diver, and field watch.

What's on the radar for Level 2?
    Konkur likes this.
    Current:
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon (Silver), Zenith Surf 01.1250.280, Rolex GMT Master II BLNR, Tudor Black Bay 58, Glycine Airman 1953 Vintage L.E., Zodiac
    Super Sea Wolf L.E. (Blaze Orange), Super Sea Wolf 53 Skin (Black), Laco Munster, Seiko SRP789K1, SRP621, Casio GW-5000-1JF, Halios Seaforth Series III (Abyss Blue, Fixed, No Date), HKED 1963 (Cream, Blued Hands), John Forrest (Lancashire Watch Co. 1902) Fusee Pocket Watch

Moved on:
    Bremont MBII, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Vintage Titanium A-Type, Ocean One Vintage Military 2.0, Glycine Airman 18 Purist (Blue degrade), Airman No. 1 Purist (White), Jaeger-LeCoultre Deep Sea Chronograph

Maybe a chrono next?
    Konkur and johnMcKlane like this.
    "Nothing happens until something moves." -Albert Einstein
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

The Casio was my first watch so it is hard for me to think of replacing it, but I think that is the most logical next step. Since I don't wear a dress watch often I'm not in a hurry but the options I had in mind were either an Orient Bambino or Seiko Presage Cocktail. The Timex would be the next in line to be replaced.. either with the Seiko SNK809 or another black dial field watch. In my research I've found I'm quite partial to the cost and design of Seiko. I just got the Seiko Sea Urchin today and I love it so far.

Nice collection. Maybe time to step into a swiss made watch?
    Konkur likes this.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Quote Originally Posted by Konkur View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah there isn't really a theme. I'm trying to have a watch for each situation. The g-shock is technically a dark gray but I still like it with the blue hands. I'm currently using the Casio as a dress watch, I don't use a dress watch very often. Should I try getting leather straps for the casio or a different dress watch a better option?
    Did you mean the citizen? Leather is more traditional for dress, but if you perfer the bracelet, I vote do as you wish. It’s a fine looking watch and I wouldn’t think twice about wearing it as is under a cuff. Straps can be a fun way to add diversity. Especially if you don’t have enough need for a proper dress watch.

I break the “rules” and wear a watch on canvas as a dress watch. I am thinking about getting some nice leather however.
    Konkur likes this.

I haven't found any chronos to fall in love with yet. Do you have any suggestions?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information