Life beyond the bezel
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Life beyond the bezel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Life beyond the bezel

So, since I was probably 16, I have been a diver guy. My first real watch was a Casio ani/digi with a gold face.

Loved that watch!!!
    Name:  casio.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  210.4 KB

Wore it all through college and it finally died during a trip to Costa Rica. I started to raise my sights and purchased a Luminox model 3200. Had that for many years and then caught the bug. In the past few years, I have been from SKX009s to Rolex Subs and just about everything in between from Ball, Damasko, Hanhart, Oris, Omega, Sinn, Tudor, etc. You get the picture because so many of you have been there.

Now, however, I find myself in the position of not being able to wear bigger/heavier watches anymore. I have arthritis in my wrists, and anything over about 45mm really bothers my wrist bones. This is a bit problematic, because my wrists are 7.25 and pretty flat across the top. Tried the mid sized Marathon TSAR/GSAR and SKX013, but they looked pretty small. So, started to look at watches without bezels because the dials are typically larger.

Ended up with an Archimedes pilot and a Seiko SARB033 (which is an absolute strap monster). It's been a few weeks now, and the urge for a diver is starting to wane. My go-to beater is my g-shock, and my everyday is the Seiko. When I need lume (movie theater), I put on the Archimedes (amazing lume). Tried a few of the turtle watches, but they too thick and heavy.

So, now I'm down to three watches in the collection and none with bezels. Hope one day to find a diver in the 38mm to 39mm range with short L-2-L with a thin bezel and large dial so it doesn't look too petit on my wrist. Until then, I'm living without the bezel

SARB033 on an Erika's. It's nice that it's 100m WR too!

Name:  seiko.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  84.5 KB
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Re: Life beyond the bezel

Fantastic thread title -

Sorry to hear of ur wrist arthritis - I have it in my knee & hips - pain pain pain
    What about the Tudor Black bay 58? 39mm, thin 13mm, and a real beauty?
    Must be a decent Titanium Diver around - I dont know Sinn but havent they some awesome options?
    grace

here's some of my Bezels and a couple I am scheming n dreaming for at the bottom
    Name:  IMG_4671.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  2.26 MBAttachment 14230689Attachment 14230693Attachment 14230697Attachment 14230701Attachment 14230705Attachment 14230707
    Last edited by Simon; June 15th, 2019 at 00:36.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Try the Helson Shark Diver 38. Its 38mm as the name suggests, the lug to lug is well below 50 and has a titanium case/bracelet so will feel nice and light on your wrist

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The loss of a great watch is always rough. RIP to everyone's first watch... (unless you still have your first watch)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Auto View Post
    Try the Helson Shark Diver 38. Its 38mm as the name suggests, the lug to lug is well below 50 and has a titanium case/bracelet so will feel nice and light on your wrist

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Been there, done that. Not a big fan of the chunky lugs. But yes, a great watch nonetheless.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Have you tried any light Titanium divers?

Chris Ward makes a nice one. I think a few other brands have some too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Quote Originally Posted by SethThomas View Post
    Have you tried any light Titanium divers?

Chris Ward makes a nice one. I think a few other brands have some too.
    Really like what Chris Ward has done with the new design. I will pop on a 38mm as soon as they come out with a quartz or titanium - whichever comes first. Thanks for the reminder

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a Seiko "arnie," cool vintage vibe; Name:  288CB019-B31E-452E-A9A8-35124A7CE13C.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  715.9 KB
    larkja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidstain View Post

Love this Caravelle. I’m looking for a white dialled variant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information