Links of London - any good?

Thread: Links of London - any good?

Links of London - any good?

All,

I'm considering buying a Links of London watch, but wasn't sure of their quality...

Does anyone own or know whether the watches are any good?

Men's Watches, Gold Silver Stainless Steel Watches - Links of London Official Jewellery Store

Thanks,
    Matt

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Well, living in London and having seen most of their watches in the flesh I am sure there are better watches out there. Links are just another fashion chain. You should have a look into our Fashion Watches Forum to look for alternatives if fashion is what you want.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Links of London - any good?

I have never heard of them mate, but looked at the site and the mens watches, they all look good and I like the more traditional styling.
    I would want more info like the movement type etc, but in absence of all that, consider all watches to be quartz type and so would think if that is the case- they are overpriced and would consider as an alternative, Nautica if you are after a sporty oversize watch of a quartz nature, as they look alike and are around half the price or less.

Hope you dont mind, here is a link, Nautica Watches - WATCH SHOP.com™

I myself have recently bought a bfd 101, black face white numbers at 12, 3, 6 and 9, thick white baton markers all the rest and its oversized, 44m glass area and 50mm case area exc, crown- black leather strap with white stitching, and red second hand, the only downside is the date window is so small- you can hardly see it- a cyclops would have fixed this! (may mod it latter)!
    I love this watch, as it looks smart, and wears well.
    Link, http://www.watchshop.com/mens-nautic...p99933296.html

Good luck in your hunt- hope I may have been some help!
    Last edited by Explorerspirit; January 1st, 2011 at 13:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Well, living in London and having seen most of their watches in the flesh I am sure there are better watches out there. Links are just another fashion chain. You should have a look into our Fashion Watches Forum to look for alternatives if fashion is what you want.
    I agree completely. Whilst they do seem to have some quite nice looking watches I'm sure you could either get something as good for half the price or much better for the same money.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Yes they're all over the place on the English high streets.

Do they offer anything unique in terms of the artisanal crafted watch?

Definitely not, but they are ok fashion high street watches using generic parts.

You wouldn't find anyone from London wearing one lol. They market themselves to appeal to those overseas who would like to have some taste but in effect,
    don't know any better. Buy one in a sale for 50% off and you'll come closer to its market price.

Other fashion brands are much sharper in design philosophy and components. As far as commercial high street brands go, I'm a big fan of Hugo Boss watches.
    They're Swiss made (Movado) with a 2 year warranty and they have a few proper mechanical automatic watches as well as some stunning chronographs.

Thread Information