A little story and the unboxing of a Sinn 6015

Thread: A little story and the unboxing of a Sinn 6015

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little story and the unboxing of a Sinn 6015

Dear friends,

Last year around this time, I was psyched about having saved the money to buy a Longines Master Collection moon phase chronograph - which I bought - only to enjoy it for 6 months. My flat got burgled and the watch got stolen. Don’t know why they decided on getting just that watch and not all the others as well but hey, they might have liked the moon-phase!

Anyway, since then, I have been tortured by withdrawal syndrome since it was the only watch I had with a moon phase, and the only one that wasn’t clearly sporty. Then there was the dilemma of buying the same watch twice – in case I had the money – which I decided against due to lack of excitement. So I started looking for an equivalent.

Even before buying the Longines, I was considering the Sinn 6015, which is powered by the same movement. The only reason I decided against it – and towards the Longines - was the fact that it comes with an acrylic glass. So this time, I contacted Sinn and asked them if they could fit a sapphire crystal on the 6015. I was happy to receive a reply listing the options: the watch as is, the watch with a sapphire crystal and steel case-back, and the watch with a sapphire crystal back as well.

After several months I was lucky enough to be able to buy the watch with a sapphire crystal and a steel case-back. The communication with Sinn was faultless and the watch arrived yesterday so I thought I should share

First impressions are the best. I will try to come back with a mini-review, better photos and a comparison with the Longines.

Omega Planet Ocean
    Bell&Ross Vintage 126
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50
    Rolex 6694
    Ball EMII Diver Worldtime
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer
    1952 Omega Cal. 265
    40s 'Superio' Chronographe Suisse
    Helson Turtle
    etc

v76

Re: A little story and the unboxing of a Sinn 6015

Congratulations on getting the Sinn (commiserations on the Longines burglary). I like it, it's pretty!
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Banned

I gotta tell you I like that Sinn better than the Longines. The dial pattern, lugs, hands, and crescent moon date hand are all part of a great throwback look.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Nice!
    The Gold makes for a nice contrast against the dark body hair!!!

EHV

It is a great look. One of the most vintage looking contemporary,(un-Sinnlike!) pieces I have ever seen.

Enjoy it for a long time!

lvt

Absolutely gorgeous watch, I didn't know Sinn also makes watches with triple date movement.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Nice!
    The Gold makes for a nice contrast against the dark body hair!!!
    Bad photo alert! The watch is in stainless steel. Sorry about the hair! Us Mediterraneans can't help it...
    Omega Planet Ocean
    Bell&Ross Vintage 126
    Rolex 6694
    1952 Omega Cal. 265
    Helson Turtle
    etc

Mini review #1: The case is 37.5mm, therefore smaller than the Longines (39mm if I'm not mistaken). That isn't a problem for me, the watch looks and wears just right, and it's a nice change from the rest of my collection - my wrist size is 6' 3/4". I am loving the case shape/design. It's as if the case is a disc, and the lugs 'clamp' on it (of course the case is one piece with the lugs). I also really like the tear shaped pushers. In addition, the crystal feels thicker than the one on the Longines.
    Another thing to mention is the quality of the strap. It feels very sturdy and durable, and the the buckle is very solid. The Longines' buckle felt a bit tinny, and the strap a little more fragile. Having said that, it didn't break/crack for the six months I had it. A great feature of the strap is a little ribbon at the back, which holds the second strap retainer. Better described with a picture maybe...

and the pushers
    Last edited by Stephanos; December 3rd, 2010 at 11:03.
    Omega Planet Ocean
    Bell&Ross Vintage 126
    Rolex 6694
    1952 Omega Cal. 265
    Helson Turtle
    etc

Excellent! I'm glad it all worked out for you, and you got a terrific watch, in the end - congratulations!!
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

That is a stunning watch! Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information