Longines authenticity check

Thread: Longines authenticity check

Longines authenticity check

Hi all,

My mums friend has asked me to check to see if this longines is real, I thought it looked ok but the movement says japan on it so thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone knows, excuse the pics they aren't the best

Cheers

Re: Longines authenticity check

The movement is from Ricoh and yet the back and presumably the dial says Swiss. The movement is very similar to a Ricoh 3D10 replacement movement available online. Judging by the corrosion my guess is that the original movement died from moisture and was replaced. If it still runs the case back seal should be replaced.

That's a nice sporty style Longines watch. The straps should be inspected and replaced if there is much cracking.

Your pictures are really first rate and helpful.
    Last edited by John MS; August 4th, 2014 at 16:41.

Contact Longines. They will arrange for you to send it to them and check. They can even supply a certificate of authenticity. Usually this is free.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    The movement is from Ricoh and yet the back and presumably the dial says Swiss. The movement is very similar to a Ricoh 3D10 replacement movement available online. Judging by the corrosion my guess is that the original movement died from moisture and was replaced. If it still runs the case back seal should be replaced.

That's a nice sporty style Longines watch. The straps should be inspected and replaced if there is much cracking.

Your pictures are really first rate and helpful.
    Cheers for the advice :) much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    Contact Longines. They will arrange for you to send it to them and check. They can even supply a certificate of authenticity. Usually this is free.
    Cheers, the watch is my mums friends so I'll see if it's something she wants to do

Thread Information