Longines Flagship Heritage Info
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Longines Flagship Heritage Info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have found a lot of useful info in this forum that helped me to choose my new watch so I though I would contribute some. I purchased the Longines Flagship Heritage from an authorized retailer last week. I have been an owner of 4 fine swiss watches all from authorized dealers in the last 8 years. So I speak with some experience in quality time pieces. My longines since day one is keeping an impressive accuracy of plus or minus .25 seconds per day based on www.timeanddate.com . I contacted longines by email yesterday to inquire about the movement used in the longines. The movement is Longines Calibre L615 which is obviously stated on their website. The info that the longines rep gave me is: [First of all I want to thank you for your interest for Longines.
    Your Longines timepiece is equipped with caliber L615.
    We are pleased to inform you that this movement is based on ETA Elaboré with a power reserve of 42 hours and is later decorated and adjusted in relation to our technical specifications.] and in a follow up email: The accuracy of this movement is 0/ +10 seconds per day. I hope this info will help anyone in the market for a new watch as I could not verify the grade of movement prior to this email. The other watches I have owned or do own are: Omega seamaster 300m, omega seamaster 300m Chrono, tissot le locle, all automatic, both of the omegas certified chronometers. I had never heard of longines until last month. I was in the market for a more dressy type watch than the sporty omegas. I ended up purchasing tissot le locle automatic in white with metal band. Within a few days I quickly became aware I was not satisfied with the finish and fit of my tissot. The crown was too large and would dig into my wrist, and also would pop out the date adjust every once in a while. Plus, the lugs were very sharp on the back of the case which did not help with comfort. I could still wear the watch, but not very happily. On the plus side, the tissot is keeping a maxium time variance of plus or minus 2.50 seconds per day, with an average of plus or minus 1.00. My longines on the other hand is very comfortable. the crown is a very nice size and winding the watch is silky smooth and the sapphire crystal is almost invisible and has a very slight barely noticeable dome shape to it. plus the leather band with alligator top leather is super soft and comfortable. So comfortable I can easily forget I am wearing it. well, that is my long poorly edited short review.
    asadtiger and Epicurus like this.

Re: Longines Flagship Heritage Info

Nice watch! Welcome.

Here is a vintage Flagship from back when everyone knew of Longines and when their manufacture movements were higher-grade even that elaborée-grade ETAs.

You've bought into a storied brand.

Rick "remembering when small and thin meant small and thin" Denney
    Last edited by Rdenney; April 30th, 2014 at 23:53.
    Zenith: Captain Chronograph 03.2110.400*; Cartier: Santos 100 XL Concord: Mariner, C1 Big-Date, C1 v.2 Chronograph; Ebel: Chronosport 1134901, Tekton 9137L83*, Type E 9137C41* (*=COSC)
    Ebel: 1911 BTR 9137L73* and 9139L71*, 1911 1120L41*, 1911 Senior 9080241, Brasilias 9120M41 (2), Aquatica 500 9120K61, Classic Hexagon GMT 9301F61, Classic 100 LE 9120R41; Baume & Mercier: Capeland World-Timer
    Heuer: Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3110; Maurice Lacroix: Masterpiece MP6439; "Seagull": 1963 Reissue cal. ST19; Seiko: Black Monster SRP307; Poljot: Sturmanskie cal. 3133; Tissot: T-Touch Lew and Huey: Acciona
    Vintage: JLC: ref. 2953, ca. 1946; Longines: Flagship cal 285; Zodiac: SST cal. 86, Aerospace GMT cal. 72; Favre-Leuba: cal. 253; Tianjin: Dong Feng cal. ST5; Elgin: Gr. 152 (1898), Gr. 384 (1919); Ebel: ca. 1962 ref. 9214955
    WUS: ST5 Project Watches (Black and Blue), F72.2014.DG3804 (Gray and Cream); Swatch: Sistem 51 Blue; TNT: Rattrapante cal. Rochat 7750+RAT-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I must say it is a tad disappointing that Longines doesnt use Top grade movements in their watches. They are still quite good and I quite like them, but they would be one step closer to awesome with that. Seeing as Omega is using Chronometers in theirs, I wouldve thought it logical for Longines to use Top grade and not step down to elaboree. I would like for it to be Elaboree for Tissot, Hamilton, Mido and then Top for Longines and Rado and chronometers for Omega.

I may be wrong, but it seems from the email response from longines that they may adjust the eta elaborate movements to slightly tighter than stock specs. I know mine is gaining about .25 seconds per day for the last 4 days so far. I also know that eta 2892 elaborate claims maximum daily rate of -15/+15. When longines answered their accuracy spec was 0/+10 sec per day, my question was," what is the expected daily accuracy?, and what is the minimum expected accuracy?" So I don't know if they were referring to the expected average daily rate, or the expected maximum daily rate in regard to the 0/+10 sec per day
    MrCairo likes this.

In the swatch brand hierarchy, I feel that Longines should be at least on the same tier as Omega, if not above. Historically they were ahead of Omega and Rolex until the quartz crisis.
    Current Collection:
    Rotary, Adina, Emporio Armani, Loyal, Swatch, Ingersoll, Cyma and others...

The Wanted List:
    Citizen NB0030-01A

Realistically Achievable Grails:
    Breguet 5817 Marine Big Date
    Grand Seiko STGR003

Holy Grails:
    Breguet 5617 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph

I own a Longines Heritage Flagship, and I am very happy with it.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    In the swatch brand hierarchy, I feel that Longines should be at least on the same tier as Omega, if not above. Historically they were ahead of Omega and Rolex until the quartz crisis.
    Many of the Swatch group brands, like Longines and Hamilton are a pale shadow of their former selves.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Hello, it has been nearly 3 years since I made this post and I would like to follow up on the accuracy. I have 176 days worth accuracy measurements. Of those days I would take a time reading against time.gov in the morning and in the evening, and many days with several time readings in between. so.. over 176 days their was a total negative rate of -171.25 sec and a positive rate of +105.5 sec. the avg. negative daily rate was -1.663, the avg. positive rate was +1.514. SO, overall I am very happy with the performance of this watch. I do however wish it would error more on the positive side but even at this rate it would take nearly 3 months to be off by more than a minute.

average daily rate: -0.37 s/d
    average daily rate range: -1.663/+1.514 s/d
    max daily range: -3.50/+4.00 s/d
    actual variance from true time: -65.25 seconds
    rfortson likes this.

Nice review. In Greece, Longines has always been around, and they've always been the watch company for those who knew what they were looking for; even when they switched to Elaboré-grade ETAs, they chose their movements wisely (you can't go wrong with a 2824 or a 2892) and maintained a high level of fit and finish. I've been lusting after Longines watches ever since I first saw the titanium-and-gold Conquest VHP, and I'm now the happy owner of a Conquest Heritage L1.611.4.75.2, which I absolutely love. Now I've got my eyes on a Flagship Heritage for my father.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information