so i am venturing into the "fine" watch world and i think my first purchase is going to be the Longines Master L2.640.4.78.3. any thoughts on this watch and/or longines in general? is longines a good brand? is this model a good longines model? does it lose a lot of time per day? movement solid? is the second hand real or is it independent?

i really wanted a clean watch that was large. i fell in love the eberhard traversetolo but once i tried it on, i felt it looked a bit small (i have a 7.5" wrist). i also like the glycine incursore 46mm but once i tried that on, i thought it was a bit too sporty. i found a great deal on this watch but i have my doubts if this is really the watch for me.

i don't have a large watch budget and i always wanted a few nice watches (panerais and such). now that i have a decent job, and some extra cash laying around, i wanted to man up, pony up some serious cash, buy the watch, and kick off my watch collecting hobby.

deep down inside i am worried i am going to screw up the winding. i've never wound a watch before...

any thoughts, ideas, or any other comments would really really be appreciated.