Is Longines the volume watch from Omega.

Thread: Is Longines the volume watch from Omega.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Longines the volume watch from Omega.

Can anyone confirm that Longines is the volume brand for Omega.

I was also told that Tubor is the volume watch for Rolex.

Can anybody verify these and or other watch brands doing the same.

Frogmella.

Re: Is Longines the volume watch from Omega.

Hey,

I'm not sure what you mean. What is a volume brand?

Longines and Omega are completely seperate companies, but they are both owned by the Swatch group. I wouldn't think of a Longines as a lesser Omega in the way that Tudor is thought of as a lesser Rolex.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by interested_party View Post
    Hey,

I'm not sure what you mean. What is a volume brand?
    Volume brand is in reference to brands that are at the premium end of the market, the likes of Rolex, Omega, etc, that have a high quality product and priced accordingly.
    The "Volume brand" is in reference to having a watch brand that is essentially at a different/lower price point to their premium one, as to have a better market share and sell more -"volume" IE $$$ profit.

v76

Omega sells about 2.5 million watches (or slightly more) per year, so I'd consider them a volume brand. Even Rolex sells over 800,000 a year, so that's a volume brand as well. Omega and Longines belong to the Swatch group which also owns plenty of other brands priced/positioned higher and lower than those two Swatch brands, so it becomes a moot point (it might have been applicable if Swatch owned just those two brands).
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Hmm. I don't know but I am guessing that Swatch sells more Omegas that Longines. Guessing again that Rolex sells more Rollies than Tudors.

But presumably that's the idea. To have products in different price brackets and that appeal to different people. Wouldn't make too much sense to compete with ones self when you could be taking someone else's maket share. Those crafty marketing folk.

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    Omega sells about 2.5 million watches (or slightly more) per year, so I'd consider them a volume brand. Even Rolex sells over 800,000 a year, so that's a volume brand as well. Omega and Longines belong to the Swatch group which also owns plenty of other brands priced/positioned higher and lower than those two Swatch brands, so it becomes a moot point (it might have been applicable if Swatch owned just those two brands).

Thanks V76,

I had no idea, as this was mentioned in a motor magazine (article sponsored by Tudor!) an article about the new 911 and Tudor being associated with Porsche etc and that Tudor is the "volume brand" of Rolex.All Marketing cr*p.

So I was talking about this with some colleagues and it was mentioned that Longines is a "volume brand" for Omega.

As you say, they have no problems with the volume they're selling annually with the premium brands.

I own some Omega's and I'm considering buying a Longines soon, hence the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by v76 View Post
    Omega sells about 2.5 million watches (or slightly more) per year, so I'd consider them a volume brand.
    Agreed, Omega is the "volume watch" from Omega.

Marketing and branding is such BS...

Quote Originally Posted by frogmella68 View Post
    Volume brand is in reference to brands that are at the premium end of the market, the likes of Rolex, Omega, etc, that have a high quality product and priced accordingly.
    The "Volume brand" is in reference to having a watch brand that is essentially at a different/lower price point to their premium one, as to have a better market share and sell more -"volume" IE $$$ profit.
    Aside from the Longines/Omega misunderstanding, "Volume brand" suggests that they make more of them. I believe Tudor production is actually lower than Rolex.

Banned

Tissot may be a better more analogous as the volume brand of Omega in the way the OP is looking at it. These two companies have had a long history of being associated with one another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information