Looking for an atomic analog (>300)

Thread: Looking for an atomic analog (>300)

Looking for an atomic analog (>300)

I am military, but this would not be worn in the field. Usually with a short-sleeve dress uniform.

I think that atomically-set may be benifical, as it's hard to argue against the "my watch is the correct time" card.
    Alarm would be nice, as would chrono. Will be exposed to heavy rain and surface swimming.
    Loking for a 41-50mm case.

Analog is really nice, and I'm in love with the Casio Oceanus (really the $500-800 simpler looking models, but especially the attached). The blue highlighting is just perfect. Also love how the 2nd (below) model shows to blends with a simple black leather band.

The G-Shock GW2500 or GW1500 is pretty much the only other alternative I've found. I've attached my preferred model.

What else could I look it in this range?

Name:  51kqKU5V+uL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  16.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by fiveleaf; August 29th, 2011 at 09:18. Reason: Cannot remove attachment?

Re: Looking for an atomic analog (>300)

I think you found some nice looking casual watches. Would those be appropriate for a dress uniform? The Oceanus watches seem kinda pricey for a Casio. You might take some heat if your co-soldiers found out how much.

Citizen Skyhawk - they fit the bill too, although, they are also a bit pricey.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Needed to make a decision. Saw a variation of the GW-2500B (G-shock) on E-bay for $210 shipped.
    Purchased an hour ago and revieved an auto-reply that the store is on vacation until late September.

Would have gone with the 3500 (yellow), but have heard not-so-great things about reading the digital time in low-light conditions... and going for a watch like this (opposed to one like the oceanus) means functionality.
    I liked the skyhawlk, but it looked a little too cluttered for me.

Name:  p127604b.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  76.5 KB

I've been looking at this Casio : LCW-M100TD-1AJF . Available for around $300 on several places including the 'bay. It has standard lugs so you can easily put it on a NATO or Zulu. Also, don't worry about the Kanji, it can easily be switched to English display. Good luck in your search! Picture from bodying.com .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by enkidu; September 6th, 2011 at 10:30. Reason: added source of picture
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Thread Information