My searches of this forum have drawn a blank, so I've finally registered with this fantastic forum in order to get some advice.
I'm looking for an evening watch to wear at black tie events. I know that a discreet pocket watch is standard for this dress code, but it'll mostly be worn at functions where they don't know the rules.
Having read advice regarding formal dress watches, these are my requirements:
- Black dial
- Stainless steel or silver bezel
- Two hands (or small seconds dial)
- No date indicator
- 39mm diameter preferred (my wrists are 7.25"/18.5cm)
- Less than 10mm thickness preferred
- Mesh bracelet or black leather strap
The Shore Projects Whitstable on black or steel mesh strap is the best I've found so far, but the explorer style dial doesn't seem very dressy. Further suggestions from you knowledgeable people would be much appreciated. Under £300 preferred. Many thanks.