Looking for a cheaper alternative of an audemars piguet/vacheron constantin
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for a cheaper alternative of an audemars piguet/vacheron constantin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for a cheaper alternative of an audemars piguet/vacheron constantin

HI,

I'm getting a watch for passing my first year of university and lookin' for months now I've kinda found the style of watch I like most.

I can't really describe the style but here are some examples:

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

Vacheron Constantin Overseas

The iwc ingenieur has the same design but is way to big, looking for something between 38-42 mm, and not to thick, as I have rather small wrists.
    Really looking for that distinctive design, with the wristband fully connecting with the case, without the lungs (I hope I'm saying this right).
    Problem with the watches above is the price, it's too expensive. In my country (Belgium) they are around 10 000 euros and my parents want to spend varying from 2000 to 6000.
    And if it is possible at this price point, I would like a watch with an in-house movement. Really like the german engineering (nomos, glashutte original and lange sohne) and the french (a very impressive movement for the paris & rue royal), so please don't hold back on mentioning the most exotic brands, cause I really like understated watch brands (eg not rolex).
    Not interested in 2nd hand watches.

Anybody advise on this?

Re: Looking for a cheaper alternative of an audemars piguet/vacheron constantin

The Aqua Terra has Omega's new "in-house" movement. You can pick up a new one for around $4500 USD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks man, but really looking for those key design elements. The wristband with the absence (?) of lungs or the continuous longs or whatever they are called... Piaget apollo forty five also got the design but way to big. Other suggestions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

oh yes! Aqua Terra

You should consider setting the money aside and save
    for the real thing. A lookalike will be just that. Hold off on the celebration watch until
    completing university.

"Problem" is that it's not about saving the money, but it's just a tradition in my family to give a watch after your first year. And PERSONALLY, although I admire those high-end watch-brands, I just think it's too much money for a watch. It's not normal that a guy in his twenties, thirties or even forties walks around with a watch over 10 grand (and we're not even talking gold here). All I'm saying is that I like the design, not necessairly in love with the brand audemars piguet or vacheron constantin...

Quote Originally Posted by Colsoul View Post
    thanks man, but really looking for those key design elements. The wristband with the absence (?) of lungs or the continuous longs or whatever they are called... Piaget apollo forty five also got the design but way to big. Other suggestions?
    Hummm..

Then go for something more reasonably priced, unique and not well known like an Oris Complication or Diver. I know it doesn't look like the AP. But an AP like watch on the wrist of a college freshman would look out of place.

Have a look at "The One by Linde Werdelin" very interesting and unique.
    Legmaker72 likes this.

Take a look at the Baume & Mercier Riviera line, it's very similar in design to the AP and won't break your wallet...

Name:  41kJDmhWAuL.jpg
Views: 13976
Size:  29.1 KB
    Lee Jones Jnr likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information