Looking to get my first luxury watch with a budget of $15k tops. Suggestions?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Looking to get my first luxury watch with a budget of $15k tops. Suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to get my first luxury watch with a budget of $15k tops. Suggestions?

Hi.

I am currenly the proud owner of a Steinhart Ocean-1 GMT Coke, and I am currently really satisfied with what I got for about €400. However, I am now looking into getting a luxury watch, with the budget of NOK100k, or about $15k/€12k.

Right now I am looking at getting a 39mm Royal Oak with a white dial, but I am leaning towards something more unique with a more interesting dial, so I took look at the JLC Master Calendar, which again is a really different look compared to the Royal Oak.

I have always had a love for the Royal Oak, but recently I have grown towards watches with more interesting faces with multiple complications, as I feel the Royal Oak might be a little too boring to spend that ammount of money on.

So in the end I have no idea what I want to buy, so I really hope you guys could come up with some interesting suggestions.

Anything within $15k (cheaper is usually better), and I am open for purchasing used as well as new. I am not really looking for anything in perticular, just interesting suggestions! :)

Thanks,
    Nymo

Re: Looking to get my first luxury watch with a budget of $15k tops. Suggestions?

get the blue dialled RO then
    Name:  Royal Oak 39mm_resize.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  90.2 KB
    Triton9, Prospero and napel like this.

Re: Looking to get my first luxury watch with a budget of $15k tops. Suggestions?

Let me start by saying that the APRO is a fine watch and you'd be hard pressed to find much better than something designed by the great Gerald Genta.

But you ask for options, and thus, you shall get options! For 10k USD you can get some really amazing pieces. If it were me, I'd probably start with a Zenith Striking 10th- a super cool complication, from one of the best chronograph manufacture brands with an iconic design. While we are talking about Zenith, the Captain Winsor may be the most complicated piece you can get, for ~8k USD you get an el primero movement with an annual calendar, in a beautiful design.

I am also partial to German watches, and while the coveted ALS may still be out of reach for a complication, the Glashuette Original Panomatic Lunar is a real showstopper, with classic German design and a beautiful moonphase. I'm sure someone will chime in with a few JLC options, so I will stop now, as someone will be able to suggest more options than I can.

Enjoy the hunt!

Striking 10th:
    Name:  10_0314_Zenith_El-Primero2.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  32.6 KB

Captain Winsor:
    Name:  zenith_winsor_blue_lg.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  129.2 KB

GO PML:
    Name:  1069779d1367512399-glashutte-original-panomatic-lunar-vs-panoreserve-help-glashutte-panomaticlun.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  76.1 KB

(Pics nabbed from the web)
    Last edited by movet22; October 8th, 2013 at 02:44.
    jan05, KyleT, Watchnik and 1 others like this.
    Außerordentliche übel erfordern außerordentliche Mittel.

Rolex - Jaeger LeCoultre - Nomos - v. Seiko - Burberry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You could always consider stretching the budget to 19k to pick up the Patek Aquanaut... If not, the Royal Oak would be my choice in that price range. While I'd still go with the RO, the Vacheron Constantin Overseas also might be worth a look.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

GO Senator Seventies
    KyleT, Rdenney and Hayseed Brown like this.

The glashutte panomatic lunar is gorgeous. If you want interesting you could also consider the panoinverse.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    vipereaper30 and movet22 like this.

I think you cant go wrong with a Patek, but with that budget the sky is your limit! Its best you try to figure out the best watches you can get and try to have the forum vote on them. There are wayyy too many options for you, but thats a quality problem!

Let us know what you end up choosing, im very curious.

One watch that meets the "more interesting face" goal would be the Breguet La Tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter Faction View Post
    One watch that meets the "more interesting face" goal would be the Breguet La Tradition.
    Love that watch!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

+1 to Overseas. MAYBE try for Chrono version of it if you like complications.

Another with interesting complication would be GO Panomatic Counter. (I would think it would be more interesting complication that no other watches will have IMHO)

Now, how about Montblanc nicolas rieussec Chrono GMT? it has whole lot of things going on including the spinning disk and I tried it on and fit and finish is superb.
    Chronic flipper...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information