Looking for a good Automatic
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Looking for a good Automatic

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Looking for a good Automatic

I have had my certina ds podium now for five years and i feel mature to take a step up both in class and price. I am looking for my first automatic and have maximum around 600€ to spend. The watch should be quite simple and clean as i want as much craftsmanship as possible. The shape of Tissots visodate is attractive and it's a watch that I'm considering but in some ways it looks to sporty - everyday class is what i'm looking for. The Frederique constant index automatic also has the desirable form. The watch should fit with a leather strap, preferably brown and have a white background (i'm sure there is a more precise word for that). I think these are the boundaries.

Moonphase is a big plus, but i know its almost impossible to come by in this price range.

Anyone want to contribute some ideas to my future watch? i will post the photo when i've decided and bought my new timepiece.

EDIT: I prefer chrome/steel before gold
    Last edited by SamP; January 14th, 2014 at 02:31.

Re: Looking for a good Automatic

Have you considered something Japanese? The new Seiko SARX019 is fresh off the production line. 40mm, 6R15 movement, enameled dial, curved sapphire crystal, croc strap, see-through hardlex back, etc, etc...

Name:  sarx019-a.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  28.9 KB

(sorry for the lame small pic, there's not much on the net on these yet)

Hamilton Intra-matic?

If you're willing to go grey market some of the Oris models may be in your price range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll try to concretize my thoughts around those two watches. The seiko - really good suggestion although i can't find it anywhere in european websites. I have something against asian brands as well, as close to switzerland as possible is my motto in this buy. The Hamilton - i like the model although its a little "too" clean to wear everyday as a beater. And somehow the name "Hamilton" doesn't seem to fit as a watch brand name, probably because is haven't seen to many of them. The price was good though.

I'll keep looking - thank you again for your suggestions!

EDIT: A transparent case back is a major plus!
    Last edited by SamP; January 14th, 2014 at 03:32.

Christopher ward watches is another brand that makes some really nice stuff in your price range.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

I did my research and allegedly the brand doesn't have a good grey market value. I've looked a bit at the Hamilton khaki field, but it feels a bit too "army"-like for me. Im in the hunt for something more vintage/classy/casual.. Damn its hard, so many parameters. I'll keep looking and update the thread.

Tissot le locle automatic on leather, either the normal or cosc certified version ?

Sent from the dark side
    rfortson likes this.
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Name:  48170.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  75.1 KB
    I think this watch looks good! The only problem is the price, above 1000€..

Le locle was definitely an interesting suggestion. I'll look it up more! Thank you all for the fantastic input, i appreciate it. Ever since i saw the visodate i think about it, still it feels a bit empty. I miss the moon phase. There was one clock - the tissot classic dream moon phase that really fitted every single parameter. And of course - discontinued.

Name:  T0334231603800_z.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  78.3 KB

Sorry for double post.
    I strive for solidity, a sense of thickness. I love the feeling i get when i look at a watch and i feel the density and perfection of the components - the quality i guess. Its often the more simple watches that manages to pull off that. In that sense the Le locle is beautiful.

Name:  tissot-le-locle-glamour_808x1077.jpeg
Views: 1526
Size:  68.2 KB

The picture is not mine.
    But still there is something dull about it, it doesn't feel as alive as the visodate.

Ball Victory. At the price point you can find one close to this price.

Welcome to BALL Watch . - Fireman - Victory - NM2098C-S3J-BK

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information