Looking for judgement on cheap ebay items
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for judgement on cheap ebay items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for judgement on cheap ebay items

20mm Black Silicone Rubber Diver Watch Band Strap Fits Tag Heuer | eBay

New 18 24 mm Stainless Steel Watch Mesh Bracelets Strap Perfect Handicraft Band | eBay

Watch Sizing Band Strap Link Pin Remover Repair Removal Spring Bar Tool Kit New | eBay

I'm thinking of purchasing these three items from ebay. Now obviously I won't be able to judge the quality until I receive them in person, but from the postings, can you see any indication as to whether I should purchase/avoid them? Also, will the spring bar remover allow me to EASILY change straps whenever I please? I've never had a spring remover tool before, and it has been such a hassle changing straps for me thus far. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Inactive

Confused Re: Looking for judgement on cheap ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by torontobluered View Post

I'm thinking of purchasing these three items from ebay.
    You've not even reached $20 for all three combined , what's the worse that could happen !
    wuyeah likes this.

Re: Looking for judgement on cheap ebay items

If you want a quality spring bar tool, consider the Bergeon 6767-F.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    If you want a quality spring bar tool, consider the Bergeon 6767-F.
    Hmmm...nearly $40 with the shipping. Is it really worth it for a price several times more than the cheaper ones available? I've never used a spring bar tool so I'm not sure, if it makes a huge difference I will consider purchasing it

Also, there is a chance that the mesh band would not exactly match the finish of my watch. I suppose there is no way to mitigate this?

Another vote for the Bergeon spring bar tool. Its money well spent. That blue plastic one you linked to are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by torontobluered View Post
    Hmmm...nearly $40 with the shipping. Is it really worth it for a price several times more than the cheaper ones available? I've never used a spring bar tool so I'm not sure, if it makes a huge difference I will consider purchasing it
    I have the tool you linked to, and the Bergeon 6767-f, and the former doesn't notch into the spring bar shoulder at all - the prongs are too far apart so it just doesn't work for bracelets with end links. That said the pokey end of my Bergeon snapped off the other day whilst resizing my bracelet with very stiff tension pins which is annoying.

I'd really like one made of a softer material than my watches' SS, like strong plastic or ceramic or something...

I use those cheap tools for years. They serve their purpose and still good. I didn't feel the need replace them with expensive tools. I am not professional either.

Inactive

I was just thinking about this kind of thing. If I'm just wanting a tool for changing leather straps, is this all I need? The grammar of the description ("used to remove the pin connect to the watch and the band") makes me doubt my ability to understand my own language.

My father always told me "The right tool for the right job."
    I use Craftsman watch tools...They have a lifetime free replacement.......
    Snap-On is good too....
    "Buy good tools to do a good job.".........That's my 2 cents worth.

If you don't have Sears stores....Never mind...
    Last edited by little big feather; November 2nd, 2013 at 14:11.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information