Looking for minimalistic radio controlled watch for 300 EUR

Thread: Looking for minimalistic radio controlled watch for 300 EUR

Looking for minimalistic radio controlled watch for 300 EUR

So, i'm looking for a radio controlled watch that needs to posses such characteristics:

- preferably stainless steel case and bracelet but i could live with titanium as well if it's within budget
    - preferably sapphire glass but i can live with mineral crystal
    - analog, can have the date but is not necessary
    - solar powered
    - radio controlled
    - design something similar to this: Select Your Country | Citizen Watch - English (UK)Citizen Watch
    - at least 100m water resistance
    - delivery to EU
    - price up to 300 EUR (my credit card limit only goes up to there :( )

The main problem that i'm facing at the moment is that there is really no middle ground. You can either have a cheaper Casio WaveCeptor models which are up to 130 EUR, but i don't quite like the digital screen on the dial and the plastic inserts around the bracelet are kinda crappy. But in an essence, very close. Then there are Citizen AT models. A bit more expensive up to 700 EUR, but the main problem is that they all have very busy dials with chronograph or some crazy pilot markers all over the bezel and dial (along with the price). Then some of forum members here offered beautiful Citizen Attesa, Exceed and Seiko Spirit models but they all cost 1000 EUR which is way out of my league.

Surely there has to be a watch that is like the Casio WaveCeptor without the LCD screen and with slightly higher quality bracelet and case. Judging by the Casio price and the price of the Citizen Titanium that i've posted above, adding better bracelet and removing the LCD should raise the price up to around what i'm willing to pay. But i was unable to find any. Do you guys know any such watch?
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

Re: Looking for minimalistic radio controlled watch for 300 EUR

I've never ordered from rakuten/tenso before, but they do have international shipping, and there's a couple Seiko spirit models within your budget. I'm not too familiar with radio-controlled watches either, so I'm not sure if these will pick up a European signal/timezone though

- Seiko SBTM145: $369 (285 EUR)
    - Seiko SBTM127: $292 (225 EUR)
    Last edited by digiwut; March 19th, 2013 at 18:00.

Thats not bad. I'll try to dig if these work worldwide or Japan only. Any other options?
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think i've found one:
    Radio Controlled Messieurs - Montres - Produits - CASIO

Attachment 1015055

And after few hours of thinking, i've placed an order on Amazon UK. 186 EUR including shipping. Not bad for an analog, full titanium, solar powered, radio controlled watch with perpetual calendar, alarm and even a LED illuminated dial. And apart from fully numbered dial, it ticks all of my checkboxes. But hey, some diversity can't be bad, so i'll take fully numbered dial as something good instead.
    Last edited by RejZoR; March 20th, 2013 at 02:47.

Thread Information