Still pursuing my wrist watch Grail, maybe you know a model that I haven't seen and will be able to help me with your suggestions.
* solar powered
* waterproof min 100 m (so I don't have to take it off when taking shower, swimming etc, no diving)
* black (or blackish) case & dial
* day & date
* lighting enabling easy reading in darkness (EL, LED, tritium, good lume, whatever)
These are my 'iron', non-negotiable criteria -- please only suggest models that meet them.
Additionally, it would be great if it had:
* radio control in Europe
* pilot/military/field style
To give you an idea about what I'm looking for and what I've looked at:
- G-Shock AWG-101A -- currently own one, OK but looking for something without digital displays, preferrably slimmer too
- Seiko SNZG17K1 -- currently own one, perfect look and feel but it's automatic :(
- G-Shock GS-1300B -- lume doesn't convince me
- G-Shock GW-2000B -- as above
- CWC SBS -- I'm not really a diver guy but this one appeals to me somehow, no solar though
- Momentum Shadow II -- as above
- Citizen BM8475-00E -- probably ideal but vanished from the market, not available anywhere :( (not interested in its sister 00X)
- Citizen BL8097-52E -- shines like... whatever, much too shiny
- Attesas ATD53-2943 and 3002 -- haven't seen them but suppose they would be just as shiny as the above one
- Promasters -- don't appeal to me, dials seem 'clogged'
- Alternas VO10-3831T, VO10-6833T and VO10-6832T -- don't like the blue one, love the orange one but with my vision I might have problems reading it, the white one's case isn't black unfortunately…
- today I found Seiko SNE097P1 -- will try and find it locally so I can have a real look at it but I suspect it's a bit on the shiny side, too
I know, I know, I'm terrible with this pickiness... Still, maybe someone knows of something that'll suit me -- any comments and suggestions welcome.