looking for a new watch

Thread: looking for a new watch

Question looking for a new watch

I love the suunto ambit, but I disliked the having to recharge it pretty frequently.

Is there anything similar to that, but solar/gyro?

If not, is there anything like the suunto core black/black/military that is solar?

Re: looking for a new watch

Casio pro trek? It has the capabilities of core,they might have the solar model (kinda like gshock tough solar..)

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Casio pro trek? It has the capabilities of core,they might have the solar model (kinda like gshock tough solar..)
    I loved the look of the core, but wanted to have solar charging. The pro trek looks like a kids watch to me, not sure why ... so many colors and whatnot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm actually looking into the Suunto Ambit. The reason I'm hesitant in buying it is the same as yours. I said once I will never buy or even think about battery powered watches. I guess the saying "never say never" is true.
    Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess. We seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface. The wandering soul knows no rest. Loveless Act 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace X View Post
    I'm actually looking into the Suunto Ambit. The reason I'm hesitant in buying it is the same as yours. I said once I will never buy or even think about battery powered watches. I guess the saying "never say never" is true.
    I had the ambit for a few months, but hated having to charge it so often, so I had to get rid of it :/. That is why I am looking for something lower key, like the core, if it only had solar charging/momentum style charging.

Quote Originally Posted by vivithemage View Post
    I had the ambit for a few months, but hated having to charge it so often, so I had to get rid of it :/. That is why I am looking for something lower key, like the core, if it only had solar charging/momentum style charging.
    How long does the battery last? I heard 30 days.
    Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess. We seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface. The wandering soul knows no rest. Loveless Act 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace X View Post
    How long does the battery last? I heard 30 days.
    It was pretty good for a watch, but I run a lot, and bike a lot, so I used the GPS function (1 second intervals) and found myself charging it every 2 days or so...when I switched it to 60 second intervals, I would charge it every 6-7 days, but it was not as accurate, because of the curves I would take, would create strait lines thus cutting distance out.

Thread Information