looking for a new watch (isn't everyone)

Thread: looking for a new watch (isn't everyone)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for a new watch (isn't everyone)

So I've been searching archived threads and looking around at internet sellers and have come to ask for some advice to see if there are any options I've missed.

What I'm looking for:
    First off, I need to be able to buy two of whatever is recommended. One for me and one for my spouse. Sales forum posts, while greatly appreciated, might not be completely relevant given my need for 2 watches. I'd rather buy used, but oh well.

Diameter: between 40-42mm
    Case: Steel (brushed or polished)
    Strap: Leather pref as her wrists are small, but bracelet can work too.
    Dial: No colour preference.

I'd like something on the dressy/classy side of the dress/tool divide, though I know it's a subjective line to say the least. I think the Sinn 103 St is about as 'toolish' as I'd like to go.

I prefer not to have roman numerals.

Complications are cool but not mandatory. PR, Chrono, Second Time Zone, regulator, Date...etc.

I'd also like something a little off the beaten path. While I like Omega (many of which meet this criteria) I think I'd like something a little more esoteric. I've been looking at some german watches which I've liked. This is to be a 'special' watch so timelessness and quality are key as well.

Fit and finish are important, aethetics can be a little 'left of centre' if need be (I like the ML Pontos Decentrique and some regulators)

My budget, per watch is $2000. I appreciate any and all help friends, Cheers!
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Re: looking for a new watch (isn't everyone)

Would you consider the Tag lineup?

I think Stowa watches will fit your requirements.
    - IWC Classic Pilot's Mark XVI
    - Omega 300M Bond Seamaster Chronometer
    - Calibre de Cartier SS
    - Corum Admiral's Cup 41mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not all that interested in Tags, I think I'd go Omega before Tag, but neither meet my idiotic 'uncommon' criteria...

Stowas are nice, they're certainly on my radar, I'm wondering though, if there aren't other watches which might have additional complications? The styling on the Marine is certainly very nice.
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

I consider Breitling fairly uncommon, but you might not (I don't see them in the wild that often.) If you do consider them fairly uncommon, take a look at the Cockpit line.
    Collection
    The Keepers: Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Doxa Sub 300 Professional (50th anniversay reissue, #299/300), Omega Speedmaster Professional, Scurfa Diver One, Shinola Runwell 47mm, Tissot Quadrato Chrono

The Flipped: Too many to count...

Maybe a Speedmaster? Pro for you, reduced for her?

My Collection --> Click Here

Do you want both watches to be identical, or could/should they be different sizes? I know if I were to ever try and get a his/her set, there's no way they could be the same size. I don't think I could take out enough links for my smallest watch to fit her.

Omega AT would be perfect for you both. . .
    Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001
    My Father's Hamilton Khaki Automatic

My Grandfather's Movado Sub Sea Automatic

"That's what character is-It's in the tryin'" Eric Taylor.

She is able to wear my Legend Diver comfortably, which is why the 42mm restriction, bracelets, I figure, can be swapped for a nice strap if sizing becomes an issue. Watches don't need to be indentical, but should be very simmilar. Before my budget dipped due to home repairs, I was considering the Breitling SOH in the larger and smaller sizes; if I win the lottery this Friday, it will be IWC Portugueses (what is the plural for Portuguese when it is a noun? lol).

I was under the impression that the Speedmaster reduced was no longer being produced?

I'll take a look at the cockpit line, cheers.
    Chris

Have you considered Ball or Hamilton? They have watches that meet your criteria, and will not break the budget.

http://www.ballwatch.com/

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/

Note: Both sites have sound

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information