Looking for a new watch. My budget 2000$

Thread: Looking for a new watch. My budget 2000$

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a new watch. My budget 2000$

Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my first post in this community, i must admit i liked this place very much. There is a lot of people here willing to help each other.

I have a question about choosing a watch. i have up to 2000$ budged. Im looking for over 45 mm and automatic movement watches. Also looking mostly sporty or casual dress watches. i kinda find straps better instead of bracelets, i think they look more casual and sporty to me . This is going to my first serious watch so im pretty exited. I hope i told you guys enough information. If not i can answer any questions.

i also wonder would it be a better start to get used watches? I like the grand carrera style but its way over my budget. I guess even used ones are way over my budget. :)

Anyways, i hope i had a chance to explain my thoughts for what im looking for.

Every comment every suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Looking for a new watch. My budget 2000$

The Breitling Superocean Heritage 46mm.

The Omega Planet Ocean should meet your criteria as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniac40 View Post
    The Breitling Superocean Heritage 46mm.

The Omega Planet Ocean should meet your criteria as well.

Thanks a lot for your reply. However, i think both watches are close to 3K $. I like the planet ocean tho, i wish i could have it :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by intimate View Post
    Thanks a lot for your reply. However, i think both watches are close to 3K $. I like the planet ocean tho, i wish i could have it :)
    You would be surprised what you can find on the pre-owned market.

try elitedealseeker .com

v76

Get a pre-owned Ebel Le Modulor ... Omega PO and Breitling SOH are great choices for pre-owned watches as well!
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Love the Omega PO.

How about a Ball aviator? 46mm, auto, tritium, strap, less than $2K.

Good luck!

For your first serious watch I would recommend something Swiss Made, just because it has more cache (Ball, Oris, Longines, Hamilton could work). But if you're willing to get something Japanese, the Seiko Ananta automatics could work:

I'm pretty sure both of these can be had under your budget and they do represent great value. They are big watches at 46mm (fits your requirement), and the workmanship on the Ananta case is pretty exquisite and unique. Here's a picture of my spring drive model (same case/strap) that shows off the case a little better than the stock Seiko pictures:

I think the best thing to do is to go out and check out watches within your budget to see what appeals to you. Have fun!
    Last edited by GX9901; April 9th, 2010 at 18:04.
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

@HomerJ - I liked the Ball aviator... Looks like one of my future style watch. Although i cant find any price on amazon for ball. (any kind of ball)

@GX9901 - that seiko has an amazing look but i think i am too obsessed with Swiss movements and brands even knowing that Japanese brands making good quality watches

So far i liked Omega PO and Ball aviator 46mm... IWC has good watches too but very expensive.

about elitedealseeker.com , is there any thread that tell you how to buy a pre-owned watches?

v76

If you like chronographs, you can get a quality NOS (new old stock) or pre-owned Ebel cal. 137, or a Zenith El Primero (if you're really lucky) for under $2000. If you're a fan of the "diver" style look for pre-owned Zenith de Lucas.

Ball, Mido, Oris, Muhle and Nomos (in-house movements, but dressy) are all nice choices for under $2000 ...

Should probably also add Sinn, Guinand, Tutima, Fortis and Damasko to that list.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Welcome to wus mate. Have you considered a tag aquaracer auto, @44mm & auto with a cool case design and @ 300m water resistance. The breitling suggested by my good mate lemaniaco is an outstanding opt as breitling pieces are built like tanks and very water resistant.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information