Looking for the perfect GMT
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Looking for the perfect GMT

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 123
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16

    Looking for the perfect GMT

    OK guys, I don't often ask for help but here goes

    I initially saw the Monta Skyquest and loved the fact it had a fixed inner chapter ring so I could track 3 time zones simultaneously without having to whack out my calculator. I didn't overly like the case/bezel. There's something about the crown/crown guards that makes my eye twitch.

    I work in the Middle East. Home is 2/3/4 hours behind, generally and my home office is a fair few hours ahead (fluctuates depending on where I am that week)

    Then Seiko dropped this at Basel World.



    I'd have pulled the trigger straight away until I read the dimensions it's massive.

    My next dilemma... I have skinny wrists. I generally wear a 38-41mm (41 is my limit realistically)

    Which has lead to my search coming up dry.

    Is there anything obvious I've missed? Or am I sitting in a very niche bubble?

    The fixed inner chapter and rotating bezel is in my opinion genius (well, it's simple just not often done)

    Thanks in advance folks, if someone hits the nail on the head the beers are on me



    Sent from my BV9000Pro-F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member greg19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,635

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Any price range? Then I say get a Rootbeer. I'm a little biased of course, it's definitely my favorite watch in my collection. If you want to spend less $$ I say check out The Tudor GMT.

    (Borrowed Pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images



    Last edited by greg19; March 23rd, 2019 at 16:14.
    dmolinaj24 and BigEd like this.
    Current Rotation:Rolex Yacht-Master 116655, Rolex CHNR GMT Master II Ceramic 126711, Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, Tudor Pelagos, Tudor Black Bay Red, Deep Blue Pro Tac 1K



  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Thank you, I do love that Rolex. They were both on my initial list but... They're missing the fixed inner chapter ring to track a third time zone.

    The budgets flexible

    (I'm picky)

    Sent from my BV9000Pro-F using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member tylerblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    108

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    I have 7 inch wrists and wear a Breitling Avenger GMT daily. Itís very thin and wears much smaller than 43mm because the lugs are quite short. It works fantastic on a bracelet as well as a variety of straps.

    At first I wasnít keen on the polished case but it has definitely grown on me as Iíve worn it.

    The rotating bezel with fixed chapter ring is a fantastic set up as I always have family traveling (typically Japan or Europe) and I occasionally cross time zones here in the states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Member Slm643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,136

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by Addymk2 View Post
    Thank you, I do love that Rolex. They were both on my initial list but... They're missing the fixed inner chapter ring to track a third time zone.

    The budgets flexible

    (I'm picky)

    Sent from my BV9000Pro-F using Tapatalk
    You said the Seiko was Massive, how massive?

    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    688

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by Slm643 View Post
    You said the Seiko was Massive, how massive?

    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    Roughly the size of a tuna can.
    44.8 diameter
    14.7 thickness

    Edited for correction. Itís ďonlyĒ 14.7. The dive version is 15.7mm.

  8. #7
    Member Cerveloguy1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    815

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    The Tudor GMT allows for a 3rd time zone.

    https://www.tudorwatch.com/public/do...watches-en.pdf

    Check it out. Itís a great option.

    I need a great GMT in my repertoire at some point soon and feel the Tudor or the GMT-Master are my only choices. Iím sure there are others and Iím not a Rolex guy but something about that one ALWAYS makes me want it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerblack44 View Post
    I have 7 inch wrists and wear a Breitling Avenger GMT daily. Itís very thin and wears much smaller than 43mm because the lugs are quite short. It works fantastic on a bracelet as well as a variety of straps.

    At first I wasnít keen on the polished case but it has definitely grown on me as Iíve worn it.

    The rotating bezel with fixed chapter ring is a fantastic set up as I always have family traveling (typically Japan or Europe) and I occasionally cross time zones here in the states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good shout, I'd have to try one on in person as 43mm is well above my usual sweet spot. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdgenbird View Post
    Roughly the size of a tuna can.
    44.8 diameter
    14.7 thickness

    Edited for correction. Itís ďonlyĒ 14.7. The dive version is 15.7mm.
    Cheers for filling in the blanks Thirdgenbird, if it was smaller I'd have pulled the trigger already

    Sent from my BV9000Pro-F using Tapatalk
    tylerblack44 likes this.

  10. #9
    Member Slm643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,136

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    I have a 6.75-7.0 wrist and I have a 53mm lug to lug length I wear with no problem.. I also have a 44mm with 50mm lug to lug length that's good also one has curved lugs one has straighter lugs... The only problem I see is being finicky, get the darn thing and rock it!

    I wish I could afford a 4 figure watch...

    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    Addymk2 likes this.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    16

    Re: Looking for the perfect GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by Slm643 View Post
    I have a 6.75-7.0 wrist and I have a 53mm lug to lug length I wear with no problem.. I also have a 44mm with 50mm lug to lug length that's good also one has curved lugs one has straighter lugs... The only problem I see is being finicky, get the darn thing and rock it!

    I wish I could afford a 4 figure watch...

    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    it's being picky that means I've got cash to splash, although being picky means it spends more time in my pocket than is reasonable

    Sent from my BV9000Pro-F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Looking for the perfect GMT watch...
      By cicione in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 124
      Last Post: October 18th, 2015, 09:17
    2. Replies: 5
      Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 23:42
    3. Replies: 17
      Last Post: January 4th, 2011, 00:31
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: October 5th, 2010, 19:54
    5. Still looking for the perfect G. need analog. help.
      By goneontheroad in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: March 6th, 2010, 13:59

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts