Looking for Reasonably Priced Annual Calendar
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looking for Reasonably Priced Annual Calendar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Looking for Reasonably Priced Annual Calendar

I am looking for a reasonably priced annual calendar watch with day/date/month, etc. sub-dials. The watch can be quartz, solar, or mechanical. Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for Reasonably Priced Annual Calendar

Quartz annual or perpetual calendars are common and affordable. Execution is quite simple as well.
    Off the top of my head...Tissot Tradition Perpetual Calendar is about $260 and looks like a classical dressy watch. Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual calendar with Cal8700 is about $250 and sportier looking.

Mechanical is a somewhat different story as complication is not an easy one.
    I'm a big fan on Zenith El Primero Annual Calendar - Captain Winsor line- available in GM for around $5-6K these are beautiful chronographs with annual calendar complication well executed.
    Slightly more budget friendly and with a traditional dress watch aesthetic are Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Annual Calendars that are available in GM for $4-7K range. These are executed in a same design language as JLC at significantly lower price.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Love the Zenith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch List:

Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644)
    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902)
    Rolex Explorer 39mm (Ref. 214270)
    Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50)
    Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060)
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Ref. 79230B)
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727)
    IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3227)
    Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm
    IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3239)
    Mont Blanc Star 4810 Automatic (Ref. 102340)
    Rolex Datejust II (Ref. 116300)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The OPs Month sub-dial request gives pause.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; February 3rd, 2017 at 08:12.

Wow, that Zenith is incredible. I'm not a fan of blue dials, but in this case it's gorgeous. The Zenith gets my vote, cost permitting.
    Rolex Submariner 114060 — Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 (Grape) 114300 — Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 — Oris Classic Date — Victorinox Alliance Chronograph — Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 — Movado Juro — Citizen 1102-S65831 — Fossil Blue

Love the Zenith Triple Date Moonphase, as like a poorman's Patek 5970, but I guess it depends on your definition of "affordable"

spidaman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by osamu View Post
    Love the Zenith Triple Date Moonphase, as like a poorman's Patek 5970, but I guess it depends on your definition of "affordable"
    It is beautiful, but unlike Captain Winsors posted above, this one is not an annual calendar. Just a triple calendar.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

If reasonably priced is $500 +- then quartz watches like the Eco Drive models from Citizen are your best bet. The Zenith is a lovely watch but probably outside your undefined budget.

Frederique Constant Runabout Moonphase lists for $3k. Not sure if it's a triple or annual, tho. Their calendar watches are, by and large, about the lowest cost mechanicals.

Otherwise, solar quartz with RF is likely going to give you more options. I can't recall any Seiko models that actually show all the calendar elements. Casio and Citizen are likely better places to look. What worries me, tho...Citizen seems to do either world time (with all that busyness), or chop the heck out of the dial. The watch John MS shows, isn't that unusual, if I recall the catalog. The dials on their complication pieces are...choppy, IMO.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Frederique Constant Runabout Moonphase lists for $3k. Not sure if it's a triple or annual, tho. Their calendar watches are, by and large, about the lowest cost mechanicals.
    Those are just triple calendars, not annual. In general, you won't find a mechanical annual calendar from a Swiss or Japanese brand cheaper than ~$5K (as noted above with the Zenith and MB models).
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information