Looking for a specific vintage dress watch style... suggestions anybody?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for a specific vintage dress watch style... suggestions anybody?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a specific vintage dress watch style... suggestions anybody?

So after purchasing my Sarb 035, I fell in love and decided to sell off my small collection of watches and purchase a dress watch to complement the Sarb, which I will be using as my all-arounder.
    (Btw: All my watches in my signature are for sale and available; I will be posting them up when I get home.)

I am looking for a vintage style dress watch that is 38mm or less (flat) and prefer a domed shaped glass (not a requirement). I also require a date function. Don't have a specific preference on dial color but the rustic 1963 creme was a beauty.
    Some of the styles that I have liked in the past are these...

I have actually owned the 1963 chronograph and the junkers at one point. I couldn't handle having to handwind my watch everyday and need a date function, so I sold it the chronograph. But I loved the aesthetics. I gave the junkers to my father because 40 mm was too big for me. I am heavily considering the intra-matic, but the lack of second hand bothers me slightly but not that much. I have also considered the Junghan's but, it is a bit over my price range ($200-400) at the moment.

Any suggestions guys??
    Seiko, my first love, but not my true love...

My Humble Collection:
    ​- Casio - S100 Oceanus
    - Mido - Barencelli iii (rose gold)

Re: Looking for a specific vintage dress watch style... suggestions anybody?

Am I in the wrong section?? Thought I hear from somebody by now...

My Humble Collection:
    ​- Casio - S100 Oceanus

I'll chime in ... I absolutely love my 38mm Intra-matic. A gorgeous dress watch in my opinion, and as a bonus it's incredibly comfortable to wear. What a classic design! The lack of a seconds had doesn't bother me, though I know it does for some.

I also have a Sarb 035 and I think they make a great pair. I've considered the Junkers, too, but between the Seiko and the Hamilton I think I'm set in the all rounder/dress department.

So consider this a vote of confidence in the Intra-matic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tokyo, Yokohama, NY, Detroit, Budapest, KL...Now a double life in HK and China!

Orient comes to mind...? I believe abtw had a nice feature article about these a few month back.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SO-01G から送信

I have the 1963 reissue and really like it. The Hamilton is very elegant but the lack of second hand is a deal breaker for me but if it's not bothering you then I would go for it. It's a great looking watch. As an alternative I would mention Archimede 1950. Vintage look, in house manufactured high quality case, domed plexi crystal, miyota 9015 movement. It's above your price range though at ca USD 600 and it's 39mm so might be too big.

Name:  Archiemede1950FB.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  30.8 KB

Another vote here for the Intra-matic. That first one is dangerously close to being tacky with white dial, gold numbers, blue hands, and red seconds. Just my 2 cents.

Another vote for the intra-matic. I'd never noticed that it didn't have a second hand until your post...that's pretty bizarre.

I have the 38mm Intra-matic as well, and love it. It's got great vintage-looking aesthetic and fits well on the wrist. It'd get my vote!

Sent from my iPhone
    SeikoFanBoy likes this.

// Tudor Black Bay Blue / Omega Speedmaster Pro / Montblanc Ultra Slim / Longines Heritage 1945 / Autodromo Prototipo / Citizen Nighthawk //

I personally love the 38mm Intra-matic.
    SeikoFanBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HerveB View Post
    I'll chime in ... I absolutely love my 38mm Intra-matic. A gorgeous dress watch in my opinion, and as a bonus it's incredibly comfortable to wear. What a classic design! The lack of a seconds had doesn't bother me, though I know it does for some.

I also have a Sarb 035 and I think they make a great pair. I've considered the Junkers, too, but between the Seiko and the Hamilton I think I'm set in the all rounder/dress department.

So consider this a vote of confidence in the Intra-matic.
    Good to hear that many ppl are loving their intra-matic. I am trying to work out a trade to land a quartz Junghan's Max Bill 38mm, and if that falls through I might opt for the intra-matic. Thanks for the input.

My Humble Collection:
    ​- Casio - S100 Oceanus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information