Looking for a sub type diver but without those oh so long and flat lugs. Any suggestions?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking for a sub type diver but without those oh so long and flat lugs. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a sub type diver but without those oh so long and flat lugs. Any suggestions?

I love the Rolex Submariner but the lugs are just too long to fit my 7.25 inch wrist very well. Any sub-diver type watches out there that you guys are loving that have a more conservative lug distance? 45-48mm lug to lug would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DailyWristCheck on Instagram

Re: Looking for a sub type diver but without those oh so long and flat lugs. Any suggestions?

SD4000?
    SM300?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Looking for a sub type diver but without those oh so long and flat lugs. Any suggestions?

There are a few divers with shorter lugs though I'm not sure that I would still call them 'sub type' without the distinctive case and lug design. What's your budget?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    There are a few divers with shorter lugs though I'm not sure that I would still call them 'sub type' without the distinctive case and lug design. What's your budget?
    Under $2k is probably realistic. Thanks for he suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DailyWristCheck on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by thegrahambo View Post
    Under $2k is probably realistic. Thanks for he suggestions!
    On the affordable side the 42mm Armida A1 is 46mm lug to lug. The more Sub-like A9 is 48mm L2L.

A used Omega SMP might be an option. I think they are 47mm L2L.

Tag's Aqaracer has short stubby lugs. Glycine Combat Sub has slightly longer but curved downlugs that suit smaller wrists. My Aquaracer wears very well on my 7" wrist and I've also tried the Glycine on. The Oris 65 wears small but you either love or hate the design. The Archimede Spottaucher looks (admittedly only from looking at pics) like it should also wear well but I haven't tried.

The only other dive watch I can think of that has even shorter stubbier lugs is the SKX, but it sits quite a bit taller.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 114060, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

At 40mm and a L-L height of 48mm I would have thought the sub no date (14060 or 114060) would be right in the sweet spot of your 7.25" wrist. Were you under the impression that it had a longer lug distance or did you try it on and had overhang? Are you sure your wrists are 7.25"?

Omega Planet Ocean? This is the older first generation model.

Name:  Omega PO on Nato small.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  379.2 KB

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I don't get it. The Sub has one of the shortest L2L dimensions among dive watches (47.5 mm). I find it quite small on my wrist (same size as yours), and my biggest complaint about the Sub is how small it is (and fits) compared to other dive watches I've become accustomed to.
    mleok and trf2271 like this.

I wonder if it has more to do with the flat case and lugs of the Sub rather than the lug length. The OP might have a round wrist shape better suited to more curved lugs.

Name:  Rolex-Submariner-114060-21.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  88.0 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information