Looking for suggestions for watch store
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looking for suggestions for watch store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4

    Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Thanks to all in advance for your help. Here goes.

    We own a store in South Florida selling designer fragrances and sunglasses (7 years now) and are introducing watches (probably men's watches to start), and was looking for some suggestions. Would like some suggestions in some different price ranges. Something on the lower end of the price scale, working our way up to about $1,000 retail. Nothing more than that.

    We are bringing in, for example, Vostok Europe. Anything else anyone might recommend?

    Again, thanks to all for their help.
    Last edited by japes; October 23rd, 2014 at 01:52.

  2. #2
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33,392

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Sell G-Shocks



    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 23rd, 2014 at 02:08.
    Popoki Nui likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

    10 reasons to dump facebook:

    https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

  3. #3
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33,392

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Sell divers, like Momentum

    Momentum Format 4








    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 23rd, 2014 at 02:04.
    Fordham-NY likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

    10 reasons to dump facebook:

    https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,127

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Michele, but they may a little over now.

  6. #5
    Member Fordham-NY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States; East Coast
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Try selling some less common Seiko and Citizen watches. They have an extensive line, but you don't see most of the best ones in typical stores. Also, cater to women, so good looking watches, not necessarily A+ movements. I think you can make a good income off of that last one.
    yankeexpress likes this.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock



  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,019

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Well, I'm not sure this can be done, but since I live in SWFL I'll tell you what I'd really like to see here....

    I'd love to see a brick & mortar store that had distribution rights/agreements to an array of "micro-brand" watches from all over the world (divers in particular). The store would specialize only in these brands, most of which seem to be priced in the 400-1000 dollar range.

    It would be unique. Whether or not it would be successful, I don't know. But I would go out of my way to see all these "lesser-known" brands consolidated in one place.

    Its just a thought. On a side note, I'll even throw this out: if the idea gains any traction and you need a capital investor, pm me. Edit: in hindsight, investment talk is clearly a bit ambitious of me at this point. Lol.
    Last edited by Zeroedout; October 23rd, 2014 at 02:57.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    Well, I'm not sure this can be done, but since I live in SWFL I'll tell you what I'd really like to see here....

    I'd love to see a brick & mortar store that had distribution rights/agreements to an array of "micro-brand" watches from all over the world (divers in particular). The store would specialize only in these brands, most of which seem to be priced in the 400-1000 dollar range.

    It would be unique. Whether or not it would be successful, I don't know. But I would go out of my way to see all these "lesser-known" brands consolidated in one place.

    Its just a thought. On a side note, I'll even throw this out: if the idea gains any traction and you need a capital investor, pm me. Edit: in hindsight, investment talk is clearly a bit ambitious of me at this point. Lol.
    LOL.

    Can you throw out what a few of these brands might be?

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,019

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Quote Originally Posted by japes View Post
    LOL.

    Can you throw out what a few of these brands might be?
    Honestly, there are so many I can never keep them all straight. Here's a link to a thread from 2012 that attempts to compile a list:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/lis...ds-759123.html

    Boschett, Magrette, MKII, Halios, Ocean7..... a quick check of any of these websites will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I don't think most of them are available from any "retail stores", only direct from the makers. Imagine being the one to bring them all together under one glorious roof!!!

  10. #9
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33,392

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Quote Originally Posted by japes View Post
    LOL.

    Can you throw out what a few of these brands might be?
    Steinhart
    Armida
    Borealis
    Tiger Consepts
    Alpha
    Helson
    Helgray
    Helberg
    Momentum
    Aramar
    Invicta
    G-Shock
    Wenger
    Marathon
    Obris Morgan
    Oris
    Squale
    Zelos
    N.O.A.
    Orient
    Casio
    Edifice
    Seiko
    Deep Blue
    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 23rd, 2014 at 05:49.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

    10 reasons to dump facebook:

    https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21

    Re: Looking for suggestions for watch store

    Quote Originally Posted by japes View Post
    Thanks to all in advance for your help. Here goes.

    We own a store in South Florida selling designer fragrances and sunglasses (7 years now) and are introducing watches (probably men's watches to start), and was looking for some suggestions. Would like some suggestions in some different price ranges. Something on the lower end of the price scale, working our way up to about $1,000 retail. Nothing more than that.

    We are bringing in, for example, Vostok Europe. Anything else anyone might recommend?

    Again, thanks to all for their help.
    I can connect you with a wholesaler for Luminox in south Florida. PM me if interested.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 14
      Last Post: October 23rd, 2014, 06:42
    2. Replies: 10
      Last Post: October 4th, 2013, 16:54
    3. Replies: 29
      Last Post: September 19th, 2013, 06:54
    4. Cool watch store/supply store in San Fran?
      By mikewatch in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: September 13th, 2008, 21:20

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •