I'm looking at getting a more formal dress watch (doesn't need to be super formal or anything) to round out my collection so far.
Ideally has the below characteristics:
- 20mm band (just for compatibility but it's ok if it has 18mm)
- Thin! < 10mm? Want to wear it under a cuff easily and without messing with my sleeves.
- White/silver face + blue hands + silver body.
- Baton indices preferred over numerals or roman
- Ideally <400 but willing to go up to 600ish.
- Automatic or Quartz.
- Date window is ok but not Day/Date
- Guilloche/patterned dial is a plus
- Thicker hands. Examples like the Nomos or Stowa blue hands are no go.
- Some water resistance is always nice.
In terms of watches I've already looked at, I've seen the Hamilton Jazzmaster with blue hands but it looks a little too sporty for me. The Archimede Klassik is a bit odd imo. Bambinos are a no go with their thickness. Raymond Weil has some quartz ones that are ok but pricey for a quartz watch. Marine themed and Bauhaus watches are not my style.
Ideally, if I had the money, a Baume et Mercier Classima 39mm would be just about perfect.
Related to this, how hard would it be to just buy a silver handed watch and either pay someone to blue the hands (chemically or heat treated) or just buy a new set of blued hands based on diameter?
Thanks for the help.