Looking for a watch.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dbostedo

Thread: Looking for a watch.

Looking for a watch.

Somewhat new to the watch game. Owned a few affordable watches in the past but nothing fancy. Looking to buy my first nice watch to start my collection. Looking for something bigger....42 mm. Would like something that's rose gold with a rubber band. I have 800-1200$ to spend. If anyone knows of a watch that fits my description it would be very helpful. Thanks a bunch.

Inactive

Looking for a watch.

Hello and welcome!

I dont want to ruin your dreams, but I dont think going for a gold watch is the best option in this case. If you spend $1000, you wont get a full gold watch, just plating.
    This gold plating, will most likely wear off within a few years, and you will throw the watch away.

What I do advice, is to buy 2 watches. Looking at your description, youre into the Hublots and APs.

This might be something you like:

http://unclegongwatch.com/?product-683.html

You pay 150$ on that, and you have yourself a very good looking rose gold watch.

I would recommend you to spend the rest of your budget on a proper watch, something like a Hamilton or a Tissot. Those watches will most likely last a lifetime, if you treat them with care.
    Last edited by Martin18; August 1st, 2014 at 05:48.

Re: Looking for a watch.

The rose gold (would have to be plated at your price range) along with a rubber strap is a bit of a rare-ish combo. Have you considered buying a rose gold diver on a bracelet and also buying a rubber strap for it?

There are some out there though - like maybe this Mido?

Name:  m005_930_37_290_00-big1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  40.9 KB
    Rusty427 likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

as others have said you can't get a solid gold watch at that price and I don't recommend getting a gold plated watch as the gold coating can wear off and your watch would look terrible. Might I suggest getting the Oris Aquis instead?

I appreciate the hasty responses. While disappointed i am still interested in this style of watch. As i dig a little deeper i have come across a brand named Orient. More specifically the Orient Star. Does anyone have any experience with these watches? I read somewhere the gold is applied in a different technique and may last longer. In the end i don't want to buy something along the lines of what was previously mentioned and will wear off and look bad. Just trying to cover all my bases.

P.s-watchgeekwatchnut-The Oris Aquis is a great looking watch and if the one im looking for is out of my price range i will take a good hard look at it. Thanks for the head up.

Thread Information