Looking for a watch recommendation for my girlfriend

Thread: Looking for a watch recommendation for my girlfriend

Hi friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am looking to buy my girlfriend a nice watch. I am in the USA.

She is not really a watch connosieur and is quite down to earth in her dress and taste.

She is in her mid 30s (age). I would like to get something that looks nice, great quality, and preferably has a good deal (price) on it.

She will likely keep it for a long time.

I am likely going to buy it online, from jo****op or anywhere else you suggest?

I would like to spend around $3000-4000 but can go slightly higher if needed.

Any suggestions please?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Re: Looking for a watch recommendation for my girlfriend

Checkout - Bedat

Does she have a preference on any particular watch style? (sporty, dressy, pilot, round, tourneau, etc.)

Congrats on your plan to buy more time before getting a ring... well done!

In that price range there are lots of good choices, look at Nomos, FC and Longines.

In terms of style I tihnk dressy/elegant would be nice. Not sporty or chronograph. Anything in Cartier/Bvlgari or are there brands with better value for money in that price range? Thanks

If you have a Movado Company Store near you, check out the EBEL ladies watches. They marked down so much these days that they are a stunning deal, especially for watches with gold and diamonds. None of their styles will be classed as "old lady" watches. But all their ladies watches are quartz, which is good for a non-WIS. And there is no brand up to that price point (and much higher) that is more comfortable to wear, according to my wife. Their ladies watches are about a thousand and up at the outlet stores, which is about a third or a bit less of their retail price.

Rick "whose wife has two--a Brasilia and a Beluga, both with diamonds and mother of pearl dials" Denney
    Zenith: Captain Chronograph 03.2110.400*; Cartier: Santos 100 XL Concord: Mariner, C1 Big-Date, C1 v.2 Chronograph; Ebel: Chronosport 1134901, Tekton 9137L83*, Type E 9137C41* (*=COSC)
    Ebel: 1911 BTR 9137L73* and 9139L71*, 1911 1120L41*, 1911 Senior 9080241, Brasilias 9120M41 (2), Aquatica 500 9120K61, Classic Hexagon GMT 9301F61, Classic 100 LE 9120R41; Baume & Mercier: Capeland World-Timer
    Heuer: Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3110; Maurice Lacroix: Masterpiece MP6439; "Seagull": 1963 Reissue cal. ST19; Seiko: Black Monster SRP307; Poljot: Sturmanskie cal. 3133; Tissot: T-Touch Lew and Huey: Acciona
    Vintage: JLC: ref. 2953, ca. 1946; Longines: Flagship cal 285; Zodiac: SST cal. 86, Aerospace GMT cal. 72; Favre-Leuba: cal. 253; Tianjin: Dong Feng cal. ST5; Elgin: Gr. 152 (1898), Gr. 384 (1919); Ebel: ca. 1962 ref. 9214955
    WUS: ST5 Project Watches (Black and Blue), F72.2014.DG3804 (Gray and Cream); Swatch: Sistem 51 Blue; TNT: Rattrapante cal. Rochat 7750+RAT-1

Tyn

G'day Andy,

I've got two reccomendations, based on whether or not she is interested in winding the movement each day.

The NOMOS Tetra (Tetra | Beautiful watches purchased online. Directly from NOMOS Glashutte/SA.) looks especially good on a ladies wrist. Amazing value for money, extremely classy and refined design, and a beautifully decorated movement for the price (the blued screws sing...) There are also a lot of colours to choose from. Make sure she is ok with winding the watch every day though.

If Quartz is more her style, I wouldn't hesitate reccomending a steel Cartier Tank. Especially if she would prefer something less Teutonic than the Nomos. I don't think you can go wrong with this option. A stupidly classy and iconic timepiece.

Good luck :)

(Just one point that you probably already know but is worth mentioning anyway; buying pre-owned for a woman is dangerous territory. Make sure she is ok with it first if you go down that route ^_^)

Hi Andy,

A couple more suggestions for you:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Lady - listed at $4,400
    Cartier is always a good choice for the ladies, and if she likes Cartier watches, you can also check out Tiffany watches. I don't hear much about Tiffany watches around here, but they do look pretty nice in person. They have both quartz and mechanical.

Agree with Jaeger Reverso suggestion. A classic watch for a lady.

Thread Information