Looking for watch with similarity to IWC Portuguese without making my wallet cry...
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for watch with similarity to IWC Portuguese without making my wallet cry...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for watch with similarity to IWC Portuguese without making my wallet cry...

Hey guys, well, I made that Tissot topic the other day and apparently it won't be sold in Singapore until 2014! ... So yea, on that same day I found out that the type of watch that I am looking for is the IWC Portuguese Chronograph

Name:  iwc-portuguese-watch-red-gold-watch-2.jpg
Views: 13261
Size:  54.6 KB

The other one that look similar would be Tag Heuer Carrera 1887... To be honest, if I were to buy Tag Heuer, I rather top up to get IWC instead ... So yea, trying to find something that look like this yet not above $2000!

Recommend away!

Re: Looking for watch with similarity to IWC Portuguese without making my wallet cry...

Quote Originally Posted by aerolord View Post
    Hey guys, well, I made that Tissot topic the other day and apparently it won't be sold in Singapore until 2014! ... So yea, on that same day I found out that the type of watch that I am looking for is the IWC Portuguese Chronograph

Name:  iwc-portuguese-watch-red-gold-watch-2.jpg
Views: 13261
Size:  54.6 KB

The other one that look similar would be Tag Heuer Carrera 1887... To be honest, if I were to buy Tag Heuer, I rather top up to get IWC instead ... So yea, trying to find something that look like this yet not above $2000!

Recommend away!
    You answered your own question there. My recommendation- as unpopular as it certainly will be- is to save and save. A Portuguese is a serious watch, inside and out, top to bottom, nothing you get for 2k USD is going to even come close to that IWC right there. You could get something like the Tag, but like you properly predicted that you're going to end up wishing you were patient and got the Portuguese.

The right thing to do here, is the hard thing. Patience, my friend, can win you the world.
    Außerordentliche übel erfordern außerordentliche Mittel.

Rolex - Jaeger LeCoultre - Nomos - v. Seiko - Burberry

Re: Looking for watch with similarity to IWC Portuguese without making my wallet cry...

Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro Chrono, less than $2k
    ShaggyDog likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  112.0 KB
    CitizenM likes this.
    Seiko 5 Sports SRPB31k1
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer 500m Calibre 16

Baume et Mercier Hampton Chrono
    Rolex Oyster Datejust S/S
    Seiko 5 SNZF29
    Alpina Extreme Avalanche - Manual
    Raymond Weil Parsifal

As movet22 said above "save and save" however in the meantime scratch your itch with something inexpensive but wearable

Name:  Seiko Chrono.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  116.0 KB
    CitizenM likes this.
    Caveat lector

The above suggestions would be good choices, but if you have the self-control it would be worth it to save up for the IWC.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I would have save it it is possible for now! But as a student, saving like 5k more will probably takes another few years :(.

That hamilton looks great! Will take a look later!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The IWC is worth the delayed gratification.
    One thing I learnt in this hobby is never settle because you will eventually end up selling it off.
    denmanproject likes this.

If you're just after the look, there's always the Parnis Portuguese:

Name:  302810d1278706013-parnis-portuguese-power-reserve-grey-dial-some-pics-new-toy-0814091353c.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  55.9 KB

Costs ~$100 allowing you to continue saving up for the real thing
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

Asia - HK, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai

Quote Originally Posted by LosTresGatos View Post
    If you're just after the look, there's always the Parnis Portuguese:

Name:  302810d1278706013-parnis-portuguese-power-reserve-grey-dial-some-pics-new-toy-0814091353c.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  55.9 KB

Costs ~$100 allowing you to continue saving up for the real thing
    Having this imitation too long will make people no desire of the real thing. Excellent recommend
    There is no such thing as a collector's watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information