Looking for Wedding watch for Fiance.... please help!
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking for Wedding watch for Fiance.... please help!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for Wedding watch for Fiance.... please help!

Hello watch aficionados!

Im looking for a little advice and hope you guys can help..... I would like to get my fiance a nice everyday watch as a gift for our upcoming wedding. He currently has a vintage omega seamaster as his "sunday" watch and wears a citizen ecodrive as his everyday. He is a salesman and is quite active so I'd like to get him something that has that classic look yet is a little sporty, durable, and eye catching. He has sent me links looking at glashutte (sp?) and other german/swiss chrono or moonphase watches but I havent really seen one that I would know he likes and I really want to impress him.

Im looking to invest in the $2,000 range. What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Re: Looking for Wedding watch for Fiance.... please help!

Usually sporty and moonphases don't go together. I assume his Seamaster doesn't have a bezel. If you want something like a Seamaster a Longines diver or Legend Diver would work. If you want a classy looking moonphase Frederique Constant has them. Baume & Mercier moonphases can also be had at that price, but not at a brick and mortar store. I think you can get that Longines Master Collection Chronograph Moonphase for your budget online, but you may want to see if he actually wants a watch that busy looking. It would cover the sporty, chrono, and moonphase.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

No...... i dont think it has a bezel.... its from his grandfather and very old. I think early 50's? I will look into those brands thank you for the ideas!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  467.9 KBBall Watch Company do some nice moonphase watches. I've added a screen shot of a few.

Longines diver is a great suggestion. Works well casual or with a suite. Very respected brand with a lot of history.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyA View Post
    He has sent me links looking at glashutte (sp?) and other german/swiss chrono or moonphase watches but I havent really seen one that I would know he likes and I really want to impress him.
    You're in a pickle. If he is hinting at a Glashütte Original then you'll need to increase your budget by three or four times. If he is hinting at watches from the town of Glashütte in Germany then you're in better shape.

Perhaps if you clarify for us we can be of greater use to you.

Also, good on you for making this effort.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Someone suggested a Longines Legend Diver, which is a wonderful watch. Good suggestion. Here is a picture I found online. In Australia, RRP is about $2,100.00 and can be easily purchased from an Authorised Dealer here for about $1,700.00 (which converts to approximately USD$1,300.00.

MLJinAK and rfortson like this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Here are some links he sent me before for ideas.....

Muhle Glashutte BNIB Terranaut III Trail Automatic M1 40 43 1lb $1899 00 | eBay

Oris Men's 7546 Artelier Complication Guilloche Silver Dial Watch | eBay

Oris Big Crown Pointer Date Automatic 40mm Gents Watch 7543 Oris Box Bracelet | eBay

Omega Constellation 168 004 Stainless Steel Swiss Vintage Automatic Gents Watch | eBay

The ball and longines watches are very sharp! I cannot thank you guys enough for all your help so far! I asked him about the moonphase option and he said it wasnt a necessity.

Honestly: It doesn't seem like either of you know what you want. The watches in those links vary wildly. It would be a shame to spend $2,000 on a watch that will carry sentimental value if it is done on a whim.

I think you both might benefit from reconsidering the purpose of this watch. What goal does this watch need to accomplish? Why are you buying it for him? Why does he want another watch? The 'right' watch will be different depending on the answers to those questions.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Dave you're right..... I was a bit hasty researching this site and honestly im overwhelmed with all the information and dont know really where to start. He likes to wear the simple omega when we go out or on sundays but he wants something a little more rugged for during the week. This is a wedding gift that I would like for him to get good use of and compliments from his colleagues. I guess staying within the budget the goals are:

Classic yet sporty design with solid reliability
    Automatic movement
    Date/ maybe chronograph.

If this is too broad i apologize and will do more research before posting.

again, thank you for all your help and patience so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information