I am looking to purchase a watch for my wife to replace her current Swiss Army model.
Swiss Army Watch Officer's 1884 at Victorinox Stores Inc.
She is in law enforcement and uses her watch constantly, but wishes it had a few more features.
Most of these features could be found on a digital watch, but she hates the look, and is generally much more classy than a typical digital watch would portray.
The watch doesn't have to be made specifically as a "Ladies" watch, it just needs to fit as many of the requirements as possible.
I am been searching for weeks trying to find just the right watch and have yet to find anything that meets all the criteria.
- First she really needs a stopwatch function, so a chronograph.
- Usually her reports are done in military time, and she refers to the 24hr markings on her current watch often. Alternatively a second display with 24hr time.
- Next would be the Day/Date, as she needs to reference it on paperwork daily. Date is a must, Day would would nice.
- Quality illumination of any variety. Her current watch has "Luminous hands" but they are very poor, and last only minutes at best.
- It needs to be able to handle an occasionally rough work environment. I really think most quality watches could handle it, but something to keep in mind.
- Last, she is a somewhat petite woman, so I would say a 40mm case is really pushing it size wise. Her current watch is 32mm and fits her well, but with the extra features I am not sure 32mm is feasible any more.
Some of the watches that I have considered so you can get a feeling for price and quality at least:
I am trying to keep the price under $1K, but if the perfect watch came along for more I would consider it.
- Lum Tec LZ8
- T-TOUCH II Lady T047.220.44.116.00 (probably the closest I have come to finding the right watch)
- Philip Stein 22FGRSS
I have lurked here for a long time and know the vast resources this community has to offer, so I am hoping someone out there knows exactly what I am looking for and can steer me in the right direction.