Looking for your advices...

Thread: Looking for your advices...

Looking for your advices...

Dear experts,
    I have a plan to buy a mechanic, self-winding watch for my brother (for a special purpose). The budget is up to 1300 euro. I was thinking to buy, for example, Zeppelin watch...but probably there are many nice and good time pieces on the watch market and I think many of you can say other options. So, would you please give me ideas about good quality watches? Thank you in advance...

Astrozoli

Re: Looking for your advices...

Hi Astrozoli

I don't know much about Zepplin but they look okay; without specifying whether you're after a diver, dress watch, chronograph etc there are too many options to discuss, but in this price range the standard recommendations are Tissot, Hamilton, Certina, Seiko, Christopher Ward...Might be worth trying to subtly find out what your brother likes if you're unsure.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Get him a Damasko DA 46...

Name:  DA-46.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  117.7 KB

.... a nice tool watch with an ice-hardened case and some other technical gimmicks.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Hi Astrozoli

I don't know much about Zepplin but they look okay; without specifying whether you're after a diver, dress watch, chronograph etc there are too many options to discuss, but in this price range the standard recommendations are Tissot, Hamilton, Certina, Seiko, Christopher Ward...Might be worth trying to subtly find out what your brother likes if you're unsure.
    Can't say better than Geoff. His advice is spot on.

If you don't know what he likes, you best bet is to find out. If is this not an option, I would suggest opting for a versatile diver or some sort like the Longines Hydroconquest.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Get him the Longines Conquest GMT. I got it about a week ago and I cannot stop wearing it. It is sort of dressy and sporty, so it's a very versatile piece, did I mention it was gorgeous!?

Here are some pictures I took, the watch is stunning!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  189.6 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  95.5 KB

Brands in your price range (some a little lower, some in the grey market / used market):
    Hamilton
    Tissot
    Oris
    Damasko
    Ball
    Fortis
    Glycine
    Doxa
    Stowa
    Helson
    Sinn
    Steinhart
    Laco
    Longines
    Lum Tech
    Victorinox
    Raymond Weil
    Seiko
    OrientStar

As others have said, there are probably 1000 watches that meet your criteria. Tell us a little bit more about what you want to buy--dressy, casual, lots of complications (like day/date, moonphase, chronograph/timer, clean), whether name is important, if he's got big or little wrists, etc.
    Last edited by Perdendosi; June 24th, 2013 at 22:29.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Thread Information