WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Loose bezel on Squale 1521...Help

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  billyb 
#1 ·
Hi all,im new to this site and also very new to watch collecting but i must say that in the short time ive been collecting i have managed to gain 12 watches.......to say im addicted is an understatement,im ocd with my watches which is why im posting.
I purchased my Squale 1521 pvd a couple of weeks ago from an AD and ive just started to wear it in the last couple of days and i noticed the beel is quite loose,not in turning but in up and down,now it is only slight but you can hear it and if i tap the top of the bezel you can hear the rattle of metal on metal......now this is my first Squale and what i was wondering is this normal? All my other dive watchs have no movement what so ever in that direction,up and down that is

#2 ·
First off welcome aboard!
Is this the new style with the bezel screws or old style.New style might just need a touch of tightening,Old style should not have much(if any) movement up & down.As a matter of fact mine is so tight(up & down)that the bezel can not be removed to fix it!

#3 ·
Hi, Thankyou for you reply,yes its the new style without screws.......how do i go about tightening the bezel,i am worried about scratching the pvd,might be best to take it to a watch repair shop,would most be able to fix this problem?the up and down play is annoying because now i know its there im finding myself just randomly tapping it but will this play in the bezel be a problem?i mean could it get looser?

#5 ·
The only thing I can recommend is taking it back to the AD & compare it to a few others.If it appears to have much more than I would think a swap would be in order.It's possible Squale was trying to find a happy medium between too tight & not tight enough.Good luck...

#8 ·
Shane40 - whatever happened with your trip back to the AD? I have a 1521 that I bought in 2015/2016 that has had a loose bezel since the start. IN my case, nothing happens when I push down on the bezel, but if I lift up on it, it comes up slightly, and then will "click" back down if I push on it.

I've long wondered if I should try to tighten the little screws on the sides of the bezel. Did that work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.