loose crown question (Enzo Mechana EMV)

Thread: loose crown question (Enzo Mechana EMV)

loose crown question (Enzo Mechana EMV)

I have a question about a loose crown on a new purchase. I am now the proud owner of an Enzo Mechana EMV.......and let me tell you I understand the hype now. This watch feels great, and it has the presence of a much more pricey timepiece. The previous owner (nice, honest fella) stated the crown was recently replaced, but the new crown seems pretty loose to me. I was told that this may be a somewhat normal occurrance on these watches due to the size of the crown. I would like for someone to confirm that for me and inform me as to whether or not it should be repaired immediately, or if it is liveable. I have about a half dozen watches with a 2824 movement, but I'm not a service it yourself kinda guy. I don't manually wind my watches so further wear shoudl not be much of a concern. I'd like to know what causes a loose crown, and what possible damages (if any) a loose crown can cause. Here's a link to my pitiful digital camera video. Thanks in advace to any info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiqtxLr54wA

Re: loose crown question (Enzo Mechana EMV)

When I had my Enzo, it did the same thing. Screwed down though, it is solid. Never gave me any problems.
    Lots of dive watches.

same here, when i had my Sub Hatch, the crown did wobble a bit when not screwed in. but when its in, the thing is bullet proof! My watch was brand spankin new when i got it, and it had the wobble from Enzo. no need to worry.

Great to see another member teasing me with their Enzo! its the most regretful sell ive ever done on a watch. i miss mine dearly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback guys, I feel much better knowing its not a serious issue, and something I can definitely live with. I LOVE this watch! I cannot take it off.......I feel like I have wasted way too much money on all my other pieces, and would be happy with a few Enzo's, 1 dress watch, and a couple of 7750's (gotta have those).......well, maybe I haven't wasted it....but the new baby is getting all the attention now

I asked about this the minute I got my Enzo, and the answer was that the crown is designed to wiggle around like that when it's loose. May sound strange, but the logic, I believe, is that if the crown takes a whack when it is unscrewed, it will 'give' instead of snapping, or denting?

Other owners will probably chime in here, hopefully.

The 'wiggle' issue makes me sometimes begin to screw it down not on the threads, so whenever I do go to unscrew the crown, I take extra care to make sure to get the threads aligned properly. But overall, I think the crown works extremely well. Once you get in going on straight, it works perfect.

Enzo EMV is my most satisfying WUS-purchase. What an awesome overall package!
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

Thread Information