Lord Finn

Thread: Lord Finn

Lord Finn

I have a vintage Lord Finn Mechanical Wind Wrist Watch. I can not find any information about this brand. Does any one know anything about these watches? I attached a picture (very hard to get a good picture), the only word on the face is 'Lord Finn' and '21 Jewels'. On the back it states 'Stainless Back'. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rwickens; October 13th, 2012 at 02:37.

Re: Lord Finn

No one?

Never heard of the brand and a search came up zip. Could be something made for a store or something? Probably not very valuable.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I have only owned 2 vintage watches, but my initial reaction to that pic is "OOOOOOOOh!"
    "Stainless back" does not bode well either.
    I very gingerly suggest it might be from the late 20s(stainless steel didn't come out till, was it 1925?), but I feel that unless this has huge sentimental value, it might be better to put it in a drawer and move on.
    Sorry.

I opened the back on the watch and found that the movement was made by Accro Bond Watch Co. and the back case (inside) says Rex W.C. Co. After doing some more research I believe it to be some sort of 'Kit Watch' or 'Franken Watch'..lol. I agree with OP 'put it in a drawer and move on'.

Quote Originally Posted by rwickens View Post
    I opened the back on the watch and found that the movement was made by Accro Bond Watch Co. and the back case (inside) says Rex W.C. Co. After doing some more research I believe it to be some sort of 'Kit Watch' or 'Franken Watch'..lol. I agree with OP 'put it in a drawer and move on'.
    I found one of these at an auction. It is a little different - "Lord Finn" "Incabloc" and "17 jewels" on the face, and on the caseback, "10K RGP Bezel" and "Stainless Back." Mine is missing the little second hand and doesn't run yet. On the back of the movement: "Minerva Watch Co." and "Unadjusted Swiss Seventeen17 Jewels. On the watchband is "Made in Hong Kong."
    Flywheel (balance wheel?) is kludgy.

Thread Information