Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Loreo L9208G Ali Express

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loreo L9208G Ali Express

My review of this Chinese watch...

Name:  Loreo Watch.jpg
Views: 3593
Size:  373.8 KB

Is it made by the Shenzhen Loreo Watch Industry Co. (1993)?

I believe the movement is a Seagull ST-1654 aka TY-2868 (21 jewels / 21600 bph)

According to specs, crystal is sapphire, I can't confirm but I did not succeed in scratching it even with an X-Acto knife

According to specs, water resistance is 20 ATM (200M), again I didn't go diving, but I did plung the watch in a bowl of water for 3-4 hours, it came out ok.

I confirm the following:

• Pictures are accurate
    • Movement is self-winding/hand-winding
    • Crown is screw down
    • Push buttons are screw down
    • Movement is hackable
    • Bezel turns (full circle 120 clicks)
    • Main dial has a sunray metallic finish
    • Subdials have an embossed laid finish
    • Luminous are not great
    • Case seems to be made of stainless steel
    • Bracelet seems to be made of stainless steel (a little flimsy for my taste, but I've seen worst)
    • Plastic watch case movement ring
    • Bezel is 40 mm diam.
    • Quiet movement
    • Accuracy (-2 sec the first 12 hours, +2 sec the second 12 hours = Exact time after 24 hours)
    • Overall finish is not 100% perfect but really not bad

Complications : Month(3), Date(4.5), 24H(6), Days/Week(9)

• Date changes between 10:45 PM (initial rotation) and 11:55 PM (end of rotation)
    • Day of week changes between 1:00 AM (initial rotation) and 3:45 AM (end of rotation)

CONS

When adjusting time/date movement is not as smooth as my Japanese and Swiss watches.
    Date wheel often jams (time obviously set at 6:00 to avoid engaged date gear)
    Month subdial doesn't change when date goes from 31 to 1, actually it never changes when adjusting the crown (time or date). It does change with the push button. Not sure what the problem is.

CONCLUSION

Will return due to the movement not working properly or negotiate a significant rebate.

At $79, it if worked properly, that's a lot of bang for the buck!
    Last edited by guitarboyled; November 7th, 2016 at 19:25.

Ah... Ali express... Daytona yachtmaster hybrid...
    200m wr and sapphire- questionable at best. Does bezel turn? Chrono pushers on non chronograph are a put off.
    Curious to hear how return goes and who covers shipping

Re: Loreo L9208G Ali Express

Shorter review: Junk Chinese watch is junk.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually don't mind the look of that one (which is saying a lot since I normally eschew chronos) , geez maybe Rolex should take a cue . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    I actually don't mind the look of that one (which is saying a lot since I normally eschew chronos) , geez maybe Rolex should take a cue . . .
    Kind of like this?
    And w Rolex the superlative chronometer officially certified actually means something.
    Crazy how many of these "homages" are now oyster perpetuals, datejusts and superlatively certified
    Attached Images Attached Images

drhr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Kind of like this?
    And w Rolex the superlative chronometer officially certified actually means something.
    Crazy how many of these "homages" are now oyster perpetuals, datejusts and superlatively certified
    Ok, now I know why the first attracts me, it's the bezel. I like that YM type bezel whereas the Rolex one turns me off such that I'd never buy it. Funny/strange perhaps but I've always been a "looks" watch buyer/lover . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

The part that put it over the top for me is being lazy enough to not even change the dial silkscreen from the run of fakes before it was "retooled" and churned out this abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ShaggyDog likes this.

I do agree they shouldn't have used the fake "Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" BS

I got the watched based on the fact Seagull movements are getting respectable reviews, obviously this one has a problem.

I like the overall look of the watch, I'm in no way trying to pretend I own what would be the spawn of a Daytona coupling with a Yacht-Master

I paid US$79 shipping included for this watch. If it would have worked properly, that's lots of bang for the buck.
    Last edited by guitarboyled; October 30th, 2016 at 17:23.
    drhr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarboyled View Post
    I do agree they shouldn't have used the fake "Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" BS

I got the watched based on the fact Seagull movements are getting respectable reviews, obviously this one has a problem.

I like the overall look of the watch, I'm in no way trying to pretend I own what would be the spawn of a Daytona coupling with a Yacht-Master

I paid US$79 shipping included for this watch. If it would have worked properly, that's lots of bang for the buck.

Mechanical problems are not uncommon for Chinese watches in that price range. However there are much better quality Chinese watches with more original designs to be found. Visit the Chinese Mechanical Watch forum here on WUS for some ideas.

From my previous research, I was under the impression the ST16 movement was quite reliable.
    I do like the watch, would be nice if it could be repaired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information