My review of this Chinese watch...
Is it made by the Shenzhen Loreo Watch Industry Co. (1993)?
I believe the movement is a Seagull ST-1654 aka TY-2868 (21 jewels / 21600 bph)
According to specs, crystal is sapphire, I can't confirm but I did not succeed in scratching it even with an X-Acto knife
According to specs, water resistance is 20 ATM (200M), again I didn't go diving, but I did plung the watch in a bowl of water for 3-4 hours, it came out ok.
I confirm the following:
- Pictures are accurate
- Movement is self-winding/hand-winding
- Crown is screw down
- Push buttons are screw down
- Movement is hackable
- Bezel turns (full circle 120 clicks)
- Main dial has a sunray metallic finish
- Subdials have an embossed laid finish
- Luminous are not great
- Case seems to be made of stainless steel
- Bracelet seems to be made of stainless steel (a little flimsy for my taste, but I've seen worst)
- Plastic watch case movement ring
- Bezel is 40 mm diam.
- Quiet movement
- Accuracy (-2 sec the first 12 hours, +2 sec the second 12 hours = Exact time after 24 hours)
- Overall finish is not 100% perfect but really not bad
Complications : Month(3), Date(4.5), 24H(6), Days/Week(9)
- Date changes between 10:45 PM (initial rotation) and 11:55 PM (end of rotation)
- Day of week changes between 1:00 AM (initial rotation) and 3:45 AM (end of rotation)
When adjusting time/date movement is not as smooth as my Japanese and Swiss watches.
Date wheel often jams (time obviously set at 6:00 to avoid engaged date gear)
Month subdial doesn't change when date goes from 31 to 1, actually it never changes when adjusting the crown (time or date). It does change with the push button. Not sure what the problem is.
Will return due to the movement not working properly or negotiate a significant rebate.
At $79, it if worked properly, that's a lot of bang for the buck!