Lorus RXN43CX9

Thread: Lorus RXN43CX9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lorus RXN43CX9

I am new to the watch scene and have just purchased a two-tone. The watch that I currently wear has serviced me for a fair few years and I think it is time to invest in a new everyday watch. It is a Lorus and I have been extremely happy with it. I decided I would look into the Lorus collection again. This time I thought I would buy something a bit dressier than the sports watch I have. I very much like this watch, the Lorus RXN43CX9.

What do you think?
    Name:  lorus2.jpeg
Views: 801
Size:  87.7 KB

Re: Lorus RXN43CX9

I think Lorus is part of Seiko which would suggest that you should be able to expect reasonable quality and value. I've had this one for years and I use it as a beater in the true sense of the word, when I'm doing all the tough and dirty jobs around the house and garden. The mineral crystal is pretty scratched up, but that should not be an issue for you if you intend to use yours as a dress watch. Mine is still working fine. When it comes to cheap dressy quartz watches you have gazillions to choose from, but I see nothing wrong with the one you have chosen if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I think Lorus is part of Seiko which would suggest that you should be able to expect reasonable quality and value. I've had this one for years and I use it as a beater in the true sense of the word, when I'm doing all the tough and dirty jobs around the house and garden. The mineral crystal is pretty scratched up, but that should not be an issue for you if you intend to use yours as a dress watch. Mine is still working fine. When it comes to cheap dressy quartz watches you have gazillions to choose from, but I see nothing wrong with the one you have chosen if you like it.
    I do not intend to use it as a dress watch, that is what I bought a two-tone for. I want a watch to wear day-to-day that looks a little dressier than the sports watch that currently serves that purpose.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Bond View Post
    I do not intend to use it as a dress watch, that is what I bought a two-tone for. I want a watch to wear day-to-day that looks a little dressier than the sports watch that currently serves that purpose.
    Ok sorry I misunderstood. Nevertheless I see no problem. More specifically, were you looking for feedback on the brand or the design?

Looks ok to me Caleb- nice simple design
    Regards Cam

Looks good to me. If you'd like to stay within the Lorus brand, you might consider moving upscale a little with a Seiko. But the watch looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Ok sorry I misunderstood. Nevertheless I see no problem. More specifically, were you looking for feedback on the brand or the design?
    Feedback on the design.

ok, well I'd give it the thumbs up for an everyday watch. The strap looks good too.

Banned

I'd suggest you look at Royal London if they're available near you. They're not bad at all and come with Miyota mvts, though their customer service is abysmal.
    Something like this. I had the gold version

.40051-01.RL Gents Watch

I'd save up and actually buy a Seiko. There are a lot of reasonable options, and I suspect the jump in quality will be quite substantial.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information