Lots of the best watch shops on UK BBC1 just now....

Thread: Lots of the best watch shops on UK BBC1 just now....

Lots of the best watch shops on UK BBC1 just now....

On The One Show. Everyone's favourite ex dodgy car dealer Dom Littlewood has been visiting all the Monopoly sites. Tonight he was at Bond St and lots of filming along both New and Old, as well as a tour down Burlington Arcade where all the best vintage watch shops in London are.

Worth a look on iPlayer if you're in the UK and haven't taken a stroll down there before or are planning to. Nice shots of Wempe, Graff, The vintage Omega shop, Patek boutique etc

Also interestingly he said that James Bond is the (fictional) descendant according to the books of a real Mr.Bond who first built the street.

Re: Lots of the best watch shops on UK BBC1 just now....

Missed the show but love Burlington arcade - I tend to visit for the vintage pen shop, although everything a gentleman could want is there - handmade shoes, vintage Rolex shop, leather luggage - wonderful place.

New Bond is a very very expensive road to walk down :)

Blue Prince - Do you buy your watches from Goldsmiths in Oxford?

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Yes, Burlington Arcade is awesome. I love all the shops there. The show tonight was saying how it has it's own real police force and lots of odd, victorian laws like no whistling allowed unless you're Paul McCartney and no hurrying in the arcade is allowed under any circumstances.

I have bought one watch from Goldsmiths in Oxford but i've only lived here a year so it's not my usual dealer. They currently have the best selection of SS Sports Rolexes that i've seen in an AD outside of London though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You mentioned Paul McCartney and Burlington arcade - interesting
    A while ago I was talking to the owner of the pen shop there who told me Paul McCartney had ordered lots of sets of vintage pens from them to give as gifts to wedding guests at his last, unsuccessful marriage.

I bought my DSSD from Goldsmiths Oxford

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

stuffler,mike

Thread Information