Louis Vuitton Watches

Thread: Louis Vuitton Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9

    Louis Vuitton Watches

    Hi there

    Is there anyone who owns / knows about Louis Vuitton watches and can comment on quality of the mechanism, reliability, accuracy ...

    I am looking into a Tambour LV Cup Automatic Regatta

    Thanks, GMM

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Quote Originally Posted by gmmwatches View Post
    Hi there

    Is there anyone who owns / knows about Louis Vuitton watches and can comment on quality of the mechanism, reliability, accuracy ...

    I am looking into a Tambour LV Cup Automatic Regatta

    Thanks, GMM
    Well, the movements they use are the well known suspects (ETA or/and Valjoux) so there´s nothing to say against quality. Accuracy isn´t a question of brand it´s a question of the movement. Both, ETA and Valjoux can be regulated by every watchmaker if loss or gain would be too much (which I wouldn´t expect buying a LV watch).
    For what LV watches offer (highly recommended movments but nothing really exiting) they are too expensive for a fashion brand. They should stick to what they have done since 1854. Instead I´d go for a watch with some history like Ulysse Nardin, Rolex Yacht-Master II, Omega Seamaster NZL-32, Corum Admirals Cup 44 Regatta.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Well, the movements they use are the well known suspects (ETA or/and Valjoux) ....
    I thought some/all LV watches had Zenith movements in them? Doesn't make me want to buy one, they may have greater value than a fashion watch with a pedestrian ETA movement for US$12K

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Quote Originally Posted by snorkeler View Post
    I thought some/all LV watches had Zenith movements in them? Doesn't make me want to buy one, they may have greater value than a fashion watch with a pedestrian ETA movement for US$12K
    Ooops, your absolutely right. The Tambour line has Zenith movements. My mistake. But
    LV Reveil: AS (ETA) 5008
    Tambour Diving: ETA 2895-2
    LV Chrono Auto: ETA 2894-2
    Tanbour Chrono Auto: Zenith El Primero

    Still too much to pay for a high-end-fashionwatch.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 6th, 2007 at 17:01.

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Thank you for the insight and the comments ! GMM

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Ooops, your absolutely right. The Tambour line has Zenith movements. My mistake. But
    LV Reveil: AS (ETA) 5008
    Tambour Diving: ETA 2895-2
    LV Chrono Auto: ETA 2894-2
    Tanbour Chrono Auto: Zenith El Primero

    Still too much to pay for a high-end-fashionwatch.

  7. #6
    Member Phrooq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South-West England
    Posts
    351

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Loius Vuitton & Watches doesn't quite go together for me. Sure, they are using trusted movements, but it would be the equivalent to Rolex making handbags form high quality leather - now there's an idea!

  8. #7
    Member watch-man7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,439

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    I know this doesn't apply specifically to LV, but someone once told me never to buy a watch brand that also makes clothing. Something about that doesn't mix, for me anyway.
    -Jarrod


  9. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Thanks again to forum participants for their ideas

    Any other suggestions (beyond Mike's great ones) for Regatta watches ?

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    737

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    Quote Originally Posted by watch-man7777 View Post
    ....someone once told me never to buy a watch brand that also makes clothing.....
    About 15 years ago, my then business partner and I decided to import some watches from Hong Kong to use in various promotions for our advertising clients. We bought a few dozen un-labelled watches as samples to choose from, at C$2.85 each (landed cost, all duties and taxes in!) They were the same watches that were sold at a local department store under the "Alfred Sung" (designer) name for C$130. each!

  11. #10
    Member Tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Louis Vuitton Watches

    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Thermocompensation: Methods and Movements
      By hedrick in forum High Accuracy Quartz watches
      Replies: 44
      Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 20:43
    2. Watch Cases For all Your NEW Watches !!
      By NYCPMAN in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: December 20th, 2006, 21:26
    3. Watch Collector Boxes !!!Watch Cases!!!!
      By NYCPMAN in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 25th, 2006, 00:07
    4. An old article about the Chinese watch industry
      By Chascomm in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: June 7th, 2006, 10:42
    5. Watch Collecting Knowledge, by Watchking
      By Ernie Romers in forum Links & Articles
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 3rd, 2005, 13:40

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •