Low profile sports watches?

Thread: Low profile sports watches?

Low profile sports watches?

I am looking for some options on (mechanical) sports watches that have a low profile. By sports watch I mean WR 100m or so, and generally able to take a beating. By low profile I mean no bigger than my Seiko snk809k2, which is 37mm across by 13mm thick (as reported by some random website).

I am aware of Nomos but, as much as I like their dress watches, I don't really like their sports models.

Manually winding is fine and maybe even preferable.

I realize there are quite a few options, but I haven't quite found something that really suits me... so I'm looking for more options.

Thank you so much!

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: Low profile sports watches?

Try the Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic. I just picked one up and it's quickly become my daily wearer. Thing, 11 mm. Available in either 38 mm or 42 mm width (so a smidth bigger than your Seiko if you opt for the 38, but quite a bit thinner). It's tough (just went swimming in the Pacific with it). Reliable (mines out by 7 seconds after 5 days). And comfortable. Plus, I think it looks quite nice with either the leather band, or with the metal strap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Does Omega Seamaster count?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe Sinns 856 would qualify.

Banned

Sinn have several models that can suit.

www.sinn.de

Quote Originally Posted by austinnh View Post
    I am looking for some options on (mechanical) sports watches that have a low profile. By sports watch I mean WR 100m or so, and generally able to take a beating. By low profile I mean no bigger than my Seiko snk809k2, which is 37mm across by 13mm thick (as reported by some random website).

I am aware of Nomos but, as much as I like their dress watches, I don't really like their sports models.

I realize there are quite a few options, but I haven't quite found something that really suits me... so I'm looking for more options.

Thank you so much!
    If a sporty look is what you are looking for than you could take a peak at the Tissot T-Race models. I've had one for 3 years now and no problems. I've been using it as my day to day watch and it works perfectly. It's very scratch resistant and has pretty durable bracelet and case.

The Omega 300m Chronometer is 36.5mm x 11mm.
    The Omega Aqua Terra comes in a 36mm size and is also 11mm thick, and has a WR of 150m.

stuffler,mike

Browse Sinn, Damasko, Archimede (look at the Sporttaucher), Laco (Sport or Squad), Aristo, Fortis, Alpina, Edox......just to name some.

Quote Originally Posted by austinnh View Post

Thank you so much!
    Hi. You've gotten some excellent choices. You might also look at the Atlantic Worldmaster watches. I'm a little concerned about your requirement that the watch "generally be able to take a beating". Watches with mechanical movements are much less able to withstand knocks and hard treatment. A $1k Nomos is a lovely watch but it isn't one that I would wear while riding a bike or mountain climbing. A Casio G Shock, Timex Ironman or similar digital would be a much better choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hansch99 View Post
    The Omega 300m Chronometer is 36.5mm x 11mm.
    The Omega Aqua Terra comes in a 36mm size and is also 11mm thick, and has a WR of 150m.
    Beat me to it - the AT would be my choice since it can be dressed up or down.

Thread Information