Lowest priced COSC certified automatics?

Thread: Lowest priced COSC certified automatics?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lowest priced COSC certified automatics?

Does anyone have a recommendation of the lowest priced COSC certified automatics? I once owned a Tissot PRS516 automatic that i liked but it did not keep time very well, so I want to get a certified chronometer.

Re: Lowest priced COSC certified automatics?

Hi there,

The forum has an excellent search function, comes highly recommended.

Maybe something you would like to check out: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/aff...er-530761.html
    The 1st Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - No Help.
    The 2nd Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - It Didn't Happen.
    The 3rd Rule of WUS Club is: Read the rules on top of the page.

Haf

Have a look at Mido, Stowa, to name a couple

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you considered simply getting a non cosc watch and getting it regulated. It is not expensive and an eta2824 can easily be adjusted to within a few seconds per day.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Quote Originally Posted by dnslater View Post
    Have you considered simply getting a non cosc watch and getting it regulated. It is not expensive and an eta2824 can easily be adjusted to within a few seconds per day.
    +1. I don't own anything that has COSC on the dial, but lots that operate within it's specs. I have a few Seikos and ETA-based pieces that I self-regulated that are within a few sec/day.

There are even lots of highly-regarded brands that do not even submit thier movements for COSC certification, so don't live or die by the hype.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom_hanx View Post
    Hi there,

The forum has an excellent search function, comes highly recommended.

Maybe something you would like to check out: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/aff...er-530761.html
    + https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/i-wa...h-506089.html?
    + https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/chro...t-489899.html?
    + https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/c-o-...e-473205.html?

(just some out of a quick search)
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Haf

Quote Originally Posted by dnslater View Post
    If we are considering a new watch with warranty chances are that the AD or manufacturer might refuse one to have the watch regulated, since daily deviation margins are pretty lenient for non-COSC movements, only a lemon would exceed the rated daily deviation. Regulating the watch at a 3rd party watchmaker might void the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    +1. I don't own anything that has COSC on the dial, but lots that operate within it's specs. I have a few Seikos and ETA-based pieces that I self-regulated that are within a few sec/day.

There are even lots of highly-regarded brands that do not even submit thier movements for COSC certification, so don't live or die by the hype.
    That's not entirely true, ETA top and chronometer grade movements are a bit different from a technical point of view and they can be regulated with better results compared to standard or elaboré grade movements. Statistically, just because you own a few non-chronometer rated watches that are running strong doesn't prove too much.
    Last edited by Haf; April 29th, 2011 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyistime View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation of the lowest priced COSC certified automatics? I once owned a Tissot PRS516 automatic that i liked but it did not keep time very well, so I want to get a certified chronometer.
    Mido comes to mind. But why bother with the significant extra cost of a COSC certification. You are mostly paying for advertising and a printed name. Just have your watch adjusted by a competent watchmaker for about $50.00 Yes there are differences between movements submited for certification and others, but for most of us those differences are fairly minor. A well adjusted 2824 or 2892 should be able to deliver an average 5 seconds per day accuracy on the wrist. If you really want more accuracy than that just get a quartz timed watch. The best of mechanical chronometers are easily bested by entry level quartz watches for on the wrist accuracy.
    Last edited by John MS; April 29th, 2011 at 19:48.

I also encourage you to look at Mido

Ball Engineer II Ohio (NM1026C-SJ-WH) | Hamilton Khaki Aviation (H76565125) | Omega Dynamic III (5250.50.00) | Omega De Ville (BA 161.024) | Tag Heuer Kirium Chronometer (WL5112) | Victorinox Cavalry (Marlboro Edition)

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Quote Originally Posted by Haf View Post
    That's not entirely true, ETA top and chronometer grade movements are a bit different from a technical point of view and they can be regulated with better results compared to standard or elaboré grade movements. Statistically, just because you own a few non-chronometer rated watches that are running strong doesn't prove too much.

This comment is irresponsible. So ETA's top grades are a "bit" different, so what? The fact that I have several watches that I was able to regulate to well within COSC standard proves quite a bit - that you don't need to spend a lot to get a lot. I have a 7s26 that I regulated in 3 positions almost 4 years ago, and it still runs within 2sec/day - I've never opened it since. It's not a fluke or luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information