Lucien Rochat Kefir

Thread: Lucien Rochat Kefir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused Lucien Rochat Kefir

Hello,

I'm new here, and this is my first post. This seems like a fine time piece forum. I've always had an interest in collecting watches. The two watches I would like to own the most are an Omega Speedmaster Day/Date (3220.50.00) and a Rolex GMT II "Pepsi" or Submariner.

I'd like to inquire about a watch that I purchased in 2002 in Italy. I don't really know anything about the brand other than it is not sold in the United States. I've tried searching for a website but can only find a very basic site that is in french. It doesn't look very official and I'm unsure if it is the companies website.

The brand is Lucien Rochat and the model name is Kefir. It automatic, has a black face, and is a date chronograph with a second hand dial, a minute dial, and an hour dial for the chronograph. The rear case says "Etanche 10ATM" which my google translator tells me that Etanche means "tight". So I'm going to assume that it is water resistant to 10 atmospheres which translates to roughly 330 feet. As far as I can tell, the glass is sapphire crystal. I recently took it to a Tourneau store and they told me it's probably worth about $1,000 US.

I figure it is probably about time to have this watch serviced as it's been 8 years since I purchased it. Are there any official dealers for Lucien Rochat in the US? Are there any collectors out there that are familiar with the brand and can give me some amplifying information?

Best Regards,

SEoperator77

Name:  IMG_1424.JPG
Views: 4158
Size:  289.0 KB

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Lucien Rochat Kefir

Movement is a Valjoux 7750, so every skilled watchmaker should be able to service your watch.

Lucien Rochat was located for some time in Bienne/Switzerland. Sector Group bought the brand in 2006. Sector in turn was bought in October of the same year by Morellato. Today, the Lucien Rochat watches are made by Sector.

Lucien Rochat is running a watch repair shop. Web site: Horlogerie Lucien Rochat
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Banned

That must be the absolutely, 100% most stupidname to call a watch.

Kefir.
    HA!!!

Kefir is a type of cultured milk from Kaukasus, similar to Youghurt, but much, much tastier.

To call a watch Kefir.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

And you think Blancpain is any better? (white bread).
    Chronic flipper...

I thought the same thing when I saw that. But I think the Invicta named after a cancer is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post

Kefir.
    HA!!!

Kefir is a type of cultured milk from Kaukasus, similar to Youghurt, but much, much tastier.

To call a watch Kefir.
    Last edited by casiophile; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:48. Reason: spl

It's a beautiful watch!
    Baume et Mercier 8462 - 42mm
    Casio Chronograph 1325 MWA-800 - 40mm

Banned

uwbrother, the Casio in your signature, is that a Casio Melanoma?

Banned

Op, sorry about the joking.

Your watch is very nice, I like the "clean" dial.

Also, it looks to be in a fabulous condition!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post

Kefir.
    HA!!!

To call a watch Kefir.
    Yeah, just what I wanted to say. Absolutely stupid. And Kefir is really excellent - but I don't want it on my wrist.

In case they will be making any more watches, I'd like to suggest some model names:

Yoghurt - for those who find kefir too rich
    Ayran - turkish drink made from yoghurt diluted with water and with salt added.
    Molke - german for a by-product of butter making, suitable name for a flieger type watch
    Parmesan - for a yellow gold watch with a leather strap - which when worn long enough will start developing the appropriate aroma

They could also start making a line for young people, I suggest to call it "Cheesy".

Ha ha, no worries. The joking Is all in good fun! I personally love this watch and will probably never sell it due to it's obscurity!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast