Lume got bright all of a sudden and then just died
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lvt
  • 1 Post By CitizenM
  • 1 Post By Eric L.

Thread: Lume got bright all of a sudden and then just died

var

Lume got bright all of a sudden and then just died

So, yeah. I wore my Casio yesterday and this watch has been with me for 8 years now.

The lume has long lost the light but yesterday, while sitting in a public-utility Jeepney (only found in the Philippines), I swear I saw the lume on the watch glow as if it was brand new. It was dark inside the vehicle and I could totally see the hands.

After about 3 minutes though, it faded.

Do I have some kind of laser beams coming out of my eyes power that could have made that happen? Or is this just normal?
    Kain, inom, tulog.

lvt

Re: Lume got bright all of a sudden and then just died

It's normal, the lume duration depends on the size of the hands and the paint's quality.
    var likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by var View Post
    So, yeah. I wore my Casio yesterday and this watch has been with me for 8 years now.

The lume has long lost the light but yesterday, while sitting in a public-utility Jeepney (only found in the Philippines), I swear I saw the lume on the watch glow as if it was brand new. It was dark inside the vehicle and I could totally see the hands.

After about 3 minutes though, it faded.

Do I have some kind of laser beams coming out of my eyes power that could have made that happen? Or is this just normal?
    Your eyes can play tricks on you quite easily. For instance, if in the dark, if you view things from your periphery, they will appear much brighter than if you look at them dead on.
    var likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

var

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Your eyes can play tricks on you quite easily. For instance, if in the dark, if you view things from your periphery, they will appear much brighter than if you look at them dead on.
    Well, to add more detail, the lume on my watch has been gone for about 4 years now.

So imagine my surprise when I saw the hands glowing a bright green again when I checked the time while sitting- My body bent maybe about 80 degrees perpendicular to my legs. My wrist was positioned just in front of my stomach when I checked the time. And you can just imagine the lighting to be dark. But not so dark such that you won't be able to see the face of anyone standing 10 meters from you.

Well, it was suddenly so thrilling for me when I was reminded of the beauty my watch once was.
    Kain, inom, tulog.

I bet you glanced at it right after it was exposed to direct bright sunlight which does a good job of charging up even terrible dead lume. But as soon as it loses the light source, it fades quickly. Almost all modern lume does that too, but tends to fade to a glow that is still visible to dark adapted eyes.
    var likes this.
    Lots of dive watches.

var

That must be it then..

Well, trick or not, thanks guys. I just wanted to share what happened. Haha.

Too bad the Casio service center is telling me to just buy a new watch rather than having my old watch serviced. Since it would practically be the same as replacing the whole bezel now.

Again, thank you guys.
    Kain, inom, tulog.

Thread Information