Luminox 1833 vs. Reactor Trident ND

Thread: Luminox 1833 vs. Reactor Trident ND

Cool Luminox 1833 vs. Reactor Trident ND

I'm torn....

Here's the scoop. I have both a Luminox 3051 blackout and a Reactor Meltodown. I've decided to step it up a notch, with the purchase of one additional watch from either brand, and I haven't yet decided which.

I've narrowed it down to either a Luminox 1833 or a Reactor Trident Never Dark. Prices are somewhat comparable; both have tritium tubes. The 1833 has more tubes yet the Reactor also rolls with superluminova.

Yes, they are two different beasts in terms of look.

My question is this. From a quality perspective, how would you roll, and why? Either purchase will be over the internet, sight unseen. Lumes on the Luminox are righteous. Reactor's are built like a tank.

Any help from the masters would be great!!

Re: Luminox 1833 vs. Reactor Trident ND

Had both a reactor and a luminox. I have to say in all honesty that I like the reactor just a bit better. Seems better built and I really, really like the superluminova on the reactor. I think it has the best lume of any of my watches. I have been looking at the ND gamma on rubber.

How do you like your meltdown? I hesitated on that model.

You should post pics if you are able as it's easier for ppl to comment.

The meltdown is pretty nice, as is the 3051. That being said, I am still looking to "upgrade" to a different model. I was intrigued by the "Never Dark" (assuming this is what you have / had?) but I've seen mixed reviews as related to the level of superluminova. On the other hand, I've heard that the Gamma is fantastic with "mega lume". Not sure if the same level of lume is present on the trident.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If its anything like the Gamma its going to be a torch for sure. The level of Superluminova is truly fantastic to see. And with the addition of the tubes, its a deal. Does the trident have the 10 year lithium battery as well?

I pulled the trigger on the Luminox. But, now I'm thinking about grabbing the Trident. Two days ago, I picked up a Deep Blue on clearance on ShopNBC.com

Stupid Lume!!!

:)

Nice grabs!! Might as well get them all!! :)

Thread Information