Luminox 3101 / 7100

Thread: Luminox 3101 / 7100

Question Luminox 3101 / 7100

Hi Guys,
    I have two questions for those into Luminox. I have the 3001 which is my absolute favorite watch. I love it. The 3101 is a good looking watch too. Why is it that it is no longer available. Is it simply end of line or has it been replaced by the 7100. The only difference that I can see in the 7100 is the different minute/hour hands and the tritium viles are smaller squares like the ones in the traser 6500 type 6 watches rather than the nice big and very bright rectangular tubes in the 3000 series Luminox's. Anyway I was just wondering if the 7100 is the replacement for the 3100 series. Also how much do 3101's go for now that there not really available anymore.
    Thanks,
    Barry.

Re: Luminox 3101 / 7100

Name:  momma's watch 001.jpg
Views: 4348
Size:  402.0 KBName:  momma's watch 002.jpg
Views: 4517
Size:  423.0 KBName:  momma's watch 003.jpg
Views: 4082
Size:  381.0 KBName:  IMG_1165.JPG
Views: 40738
Size:  427.5 KBI'll try and help you out a little! I'm a big Luminox fan! The 3100 series (Stainless Steel Case) were sold for many years and simply discontinued due to the release of the EVO series. Out with the old, in with the new so to speak. The venerable 3000 series have a cult following and are still very popular that's why Luminox has continued to offer these.

Now on to the 7000 series, these are typically known as the "Ladies" lineup. The 7000 model was the 35mm version of your 3001 (43mm) made to target the womens market. That's why the hands look different, because they are considerably shorter than those in the 3001 model to fit in the smaller 35mm case. The reason I know about these is because me being a Luminox fan for many years my wife also liked the looks of these so I bought her the 7001 model (resin case) first followed by the 7101 (SS case black dial) for more formal wear, and most recently 7103 (SS case silver dial). She is an RN on a Medical Surgery floor and likes these watches for their toughness and water resistance. She is fairly rough on them and she has never had the first problem out of ANY of the ones she has!

I hope I helped you out a little! Oh I forgot to include the newest series of womens models the 7055 model (bigger resin case 39mm) I also bought her one of these newer ones earlier this year and we ended up selling it because she said it was too big for her!! She is too used to the older models 35mm cases! Which IMO do look much better on a woman!

Here is her favorite Luminox, SS and 35mm and the BIG 39mm "newer" model one we sold!
    Last edited by 2BATTRANGER; December 21st, 2010 at 23:47. Reason: Pictures added
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Hi 2BattRanger,
    Thanks for your reply it was a great help. I was actually hoping that I would hear from you on it as I have seen your posts regarding Luminox on may other searches. You helped me lately too when I experienced fogging in my 3001 and I followed your advice and had it serviced and pressure tested for free by Luminox in the UK. Thanks again for the information it was very informative and happy Christmas to you.
    Cheers,
    Barry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glad I could help! The place you had your watch serviced was GREAT!! I have never had to send one of mine off for warranty work (knock on wood) but I have heard the horror stories of the US based service center and I hope I NEVER have to send one off!! You are very lucky to have a professional place such as that in the UK for your Luminox service.
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Thread Information