Luminox brand a joke?
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Luminox brand a joke?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Luminox brand a joke?

I have had my brand new Luminox Valjoux for sale with no interest whatsoever. Is this brand a joke among WIS?

Re: Luminox brand a joke?

No. Every watch/product has its market; some more limited than others.
    Bwana1 and Neeko like this.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

Quote Originally Posted by PSU2001 View Post
    I have had my brand new Luminox Valjoux for sale with no interest whatsoever. Is this brand a joke among WIS?
    That just means you didn't price it appropriately.
    Triton9 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PSU2001 View Post
    Patience. Took me 3 months to sell a Ball, and that brand is pretty popular in these parts.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Quote Originally Posted by hoppes-no9 View Post
    That just means you didn't price it appropriately.
    His price is appropriate...

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Luminox is no joke but it is a niche watch brand. Some people are into that niche. I'm not. That said, I've seen some Luminox in the wild and respect them for what I think they do best: clean, very readable military-style watches. Great lume, rugged build. The Valjoux models I've seen on the internet do not make sense for me because they don't share the virtues of the simpler non-chronograph models.
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

Perhaps a bump of your sales thread is in order?

Your price is a bit high. A quick search turned up a grey market dealer selling it for $1575. You are asking $1,400. Your ad has also been up for only 2 days. I've sold a lot of watches here and on other forums - maybe 2 or 3 sold in that amount of time. Your photograph is also atrocious. When I see a photograph like that I worry that the seller is hiding something, or doesn't care. And I'm not sure I want to enter a transaction with someone who doesn't care. I've seen many very good photographs here taken by cell phones. Your phone can take much better pictures than the one you posted. I would advise you to spend a little time and take several pictures, not just a quick shot on on your way out the door. Make the watch look nice, from several angles. At least get the focus right. Your watch is in such poor focus I can't imagine that anyone would buy it and am frankly surprised you even posted it.

You are also new here, with no feedback, selling a $1,000 watch. My first transactions here were buys, not sells. And my first few sells were inexpensive watches. When I listed my first watch at $1,000 or more, I'd been around for several months and had positive feedback from several WUS members.
    Last edited by Gary123; January 14th, 2014 at 22:21.
    Doboji, ShaggyDog, jugnu and 10 others like this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero, Roger Dubuis Excalibur 42 .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Even with an iphone, you can take a MUCH better picture.

Just one completely out of focus picture does not help your sale at all. Take some effort in the sale, take pictures of all angles in good light and clear focus, describe the watch better, and be patient.

Luminox is actually quite a popular brand IMO and there is a market for them

1. Post some better photos. The watch itself is not a joke but your photo is , no offence (one might think you're trying to sell a "replica" for example if not putting some decent real photos ?)

2. If you have any reputation from previous deals here or a ebay username, post these on the thread as well as references

Don't take it the wrong way , I'm sure you're a great guy and I know you have good taste in watches but there are a lot of scammers out there and all sorts out there and you need to make yourself first of all sell-able (remember, many "buy the seller" rather than the watch) and also you have to present the watch, make it desirable for others. If you posted the watch on eBay with that photo it would probably fetch a low price or even be taken off is someone reported it as the photo has to have a minimum amount of visibility/focus.
    Triton9 likes this.
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information