Luminox help!!
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Luminox help!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Luminox help!!

Hello all,
    New guy here.
    I have my eye on a Luminox diver on ebay and something caught my eye that perhaps you watch gurus can weigh in on.
    The watch appears to be a 6604, the watch face says titanium. But the back says stainless steel 6100/6200 and so does the band. The pictures all appear to be of the same watch. I'd love the peace of mind of buying new but that's not affordable for me. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Luminox help!!

Link?
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Seiko SNKEO9K1 ----- Omega Seamaster "Geneva" ---- Seiko 6309-7290 ----- Seiko SSC015 ---- Revue Thommen Airspeed

Certainly! eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    I did ask the seller come questions but all i got was that it was posted for a coworker/friend and the poster knew nothign really about the watch and wouldn't see the actual seller until monday. auction ends tomorrow morning

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think its just fine, but I would look around on the forums and you could easily find something that is better, cheaper, brand new. If you really want the luminox, power to ya but consider your options and try look for something that is a better "$ per watch" situation.

I recommend this....Seiko SKX007K2 Mens Watch Diving Automatic Black Dial Seiko Box Manual Warranty | eBay

Timeless looks, 7S26B=great movement, 200m WR, outstanding lume, great price. What's not to love (and its cheaper than the luminox).
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Seiko SNKEO9K1 ----- Omega Seamaster "Geneva" ---- Seiko 6309-7290 ----- Seiko SSC015 ---- Revue Thommen Airspeed

Well I don't typically wear watches but I need one for my work (aviation) and there's a few features I must have. Night visibility was one of those, and that tritium illumination is kind of what gravitated me towards Luminox. ? I also like seeing military time. Large easy to read dial. And prefer rotating bezel (I use it as poor mans chrono lol). I prefer all metal construction including the bracelet. Seems to me like the more things that screw in (crown and caseback) the longer the life of the watch might be.I don't know much about watches but having to get one has made me research them and there's a few other features I didn't know about that I now consider while looking. Y'all seem pretty knowedgable on this forum, I'm open to suggestions

Also any idea why that Luminox I'm watching seems to be two conflicting models? I was guessing it was a "Frankenstein"... Just don't want to run into a knockoff or damaged goods...

Honestly, I would forget the Luminox and go for the Seiko, everything you want in a watch that you listed it has. Tritium is good, but from what I understand it's not that bright. Seiko lume is long lasting and bright. That particular luminox is not one of their greatest models either. It seems you might like a chronograph so here's another easy to read Seiko... Amazon.com: Seiko Men's SNDA67 Chronograh Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch: Watches

You have a chance to get a good watch or a great watch here, I would suggest getting one of the Seiko's or doing more research and finding something that you really like.

here's a good pilot watch from Citizen..Amazon.com: Citizen Men's BJ7000-52E Eco-Drive Nighthawk Stainless Steel Watch: Citizen: Watches
    It keeps time in 2 timezones, good for some pilots. Oh, and good lume too.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Tritium is just fine, the visibility is excellent at night. I never have issues seeing the time. If you want a very inexpensive alternative, here's the watch for you. I just bought one and it's a great watch for the price.

http://www.deepbluewatches.com/daynightt25.html
    Last edited by falcon4311; December 11th, 2011 at 19:02.
    averagejoe303 likes this.

Well that's what I'm hoping to do here, some reasearch. Where else do you suggest I look for information? I have a friend that just got one of those citizen watches. How long lasting is a seiko lume? I don't know much about it

That deep blue looks alright other than a rubber strap..

30 minutes of exposure to sunlight gives you hours upon hours of lume time, Others can personally attest to the duration, but from what I've read that is what you can expect, or more. To find specific research info just use the forum search tool i.e. "citizen nighthawk" or "Seiko SKX007", or "Seiko Lume". Check the other sub-forums also for more specific info.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information