Luminox VS G-Shock, The Test of TOUGHNESS
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Luminox VS G-Shock, The Test of TOUGHNESS

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luminox VS G-Shock, The Test of TOUGHNESS

I'm torn between 2 watches now, either the Luminox Colormark Orange or the G-Shock Aviator series.

-G-Shock a brand well known for its toughness. A watch that needs no introduction, needs no babysitting. Wear it and you're good to go tackle Mount Everest.

-Luminox, Made in Swiss, that self-illuminating technology is no shame to reveal itself in all lighting conditions. For 25 years, period. Said to be worn by the Navy SEALS, Army, Law guys, FBI, list goes on. Marketing gimmick or real deal?

Who's tougher than tough? Your opinions are very much appreciated. =) Thank you! =)
    Last edited by WatchaTime; May 13th, 2013 at 06:54.

Re: Luminox VS G-Shock, The Test of TOUGHNESS

Gshock by a country mile. Yes its marketing (tritium lights up night vision like a road flare- bad for people who hunt people for a living.) But until Casio produces a toned-down case for the Gshocks I'd rather wear the Luminox.
    WatchaTime likes this.
    I got a standing desk, so now I need a pilot watch...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinOX View Post
    Gshock by a country mile. Yes its marketing (tritium lights up night vision like a road flare- bad for people who hunt people for a living.) But until Casio produces a toned-down case for the Gshocks I'd rather wear the Luminox.
    my G shock is still going strong, I gotten it as a gift when I was in middle school. I am about to finish my master degree now, swam with it, rode many miles with it and ran a marathon with it.
    WatchaTime, Ottovonn and nigelw like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by iam7head View Post
    my G shock is still going strong, I gotten it as a gift when I was in middle school. I am about to finish my master degree now, swam with it, rode many miles with it and ran a marathon with it.
    Which G is that? I'd like to buy the aviation series but the case diameter is 53mm, far too big for my wrist. I have a rather small wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinOX View Post
    Agreed hands down. I do hope G-Shock learns from Luminox for the design part.. And Luminox learns from G the tough part. =)

Watchatime,what's your wrist size?
    My wrist is 6.5 inch but I can wear GW A1030A comfortably

Im in LE, and by the looks of it I'm a sucker for marketing gimmicks as I own both a luminox colormark and a G.

i prefer the luminox hands down. It's more comfortable by a mile and the tritium is perfect for night shifts. No need to press a button. I've only had the luminox for a couple of months so "toughness" test is limited, but so far not a scratch, and I don't baby it. Plus it looks a million times better then the G's.

Hell, go grey market and buy both
    Kratsmoose likes this.

I have the non-atomic version of the Mudman G-Shock and I love it. Different series, I know, but all I can use for comparison....G-Shocks have been torture tested over and over through the years and they consistently take a beating and just keeping functioning. If you're looking for a watch that will be subjected to serious punishment, but you need to be able to rely on it, look no further. The Luminox is sort of in a different category for me. The one you're considering is just a basic three hander quartz with good lume. Most (if not all?? haven't really explored the Aviator lineup) of the G-Shock Aviators have more functionality than that. And Casio's analog movements are shock resistant in multiple ways, so in my opinion, the "tougher" watch is going to be the G-Shock by far.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Things tougher than a G-Shock: Tanks, aircraft carriers, B.A. Baracus
    Things more comfortable than a G-Shock: Being dragged behind a bus, being shot, being punched in the face repeatedly

G-Shocks are tough to beat when it comes to durability, but you sacrifice comfort and style to get that durability. The G-Shock is the clear winner if toughness is all you care about, but I had one and I had to get rid of it. Wearing it was like driving a minivan with flame decals on it. Very practical, but you wouldn't want people to see you in it. Luminox for me. Marathon TSAR if you can stretch your budget.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I dont really know how to measure it, but its roughly the same size as yours. Have you owned a Mudman G-9000 before? Yeah I wore that on the 7th hole and still can fit 1 finger in between the watch strap and my wrist. 6th hole is rather tight. That watch you have up there? Is amazing! Which aviator model is that?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information