Macy's carries longines now?

Thread: Macy's carries longines now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walking through Macy's to make some late holiday exchanges and happened to stroll by the watch department.

Saw the usual brands and then spotted this:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357606494.015255.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  106.8 KB

I wonder if this is to educate the public about the brand.

They had a Conquest GMT and a couple from the Master Collection. Those blue hands under the bright white light look tempting but that's how it always is in watch stores lol.
    Last edited by waldoh; January 8th, 2013 at 03:00.

Re: Macy's carries longines now?

I've seen Longines in Macys for a few years now, they only exist in the "Higher End" Macys in expensive retail areas.

I was looking at the watches in a Macy's over at Tysons 1 here in Virginia, in addition to the discount they also can take off 10% if you open a Macy's Card, LOL.

Its been there for a long time....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wish my Macy's carried Longines........I guess Tampa isn't high end enough of a town.....
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Probably has to do with location of other ADs as well.

All the Macy's in Columbus sell the usual suspects (Bulova, Burberry, Citizen, Movado, etc.). I've seen some "higher end" brands at Macy's online (Tag, Longines, Rado), but not in the stores.

In California, Longines is carried in only a small handful of Macy's, in for example Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, Union Square in San Francisco, and South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I guess my Macy's is "high end" because they have rado, longines and tag (3 entire counters of tag).

Quote Originally Posted by waldoh View Post
    I guess my Macy's is "high end" because they have rado, longines and tag (3 entire counters of tag).
    Saw the same on 34th st here in NYC. It's been the same for years, although I don't know why, as nobody is every really there and the salespeople always look extremely bored.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Quote Originally Posted by waldoh View Post
    Walking through Macy's to make some late holiday exchanges and happened to stroll by the watch department.

Saw the usual brands and then spotted this:

I wonder if this is to educate the public about the brand.

They had a Conquest GMT and a couple from the Master Collection. Those blue hands under the bright white light look tempting but that's how it always is in watch stores lol.
    I suspect that the Macy's has added a Longines display as a way to sell watches. Most people are aware of the Longines brand so there would be little if any education flowing from a sales exhibit. I do wish Macy's would declutter their stores. Their merchandising looks like the K Mart model where as much merchandise is stuffed onto the sales floor as possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information