The Madness of Ebay - Page 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Madness of Ebay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: The Madness of Ebay

Just as a coin has 2 sides . . . my last maybe half dozen sales of watches have been through eBay, much faster and net what I wanted after fees vs watch fora . . . at a point now that I just go straight to the bay
    fish70 likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Nearly got scammed once on the Bay (not with a watch sale) and since that time I never get involved with an auction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigclive2011 View Post
    They are, because they get carried away with “Auction frenzy” which I have experienced at art auctions in the past.

A strange phenomenon, that is easy to catch when in a room full of people vying for a piece, but not I feel when sitting looking at my eBay app!!

I just set my max bid, and then wait till the 15 sec mark and bang it in.
    Win or lose I will not pay more than I think a watch is worth.
    I’m with Big Clive , as I do the exact same thing , usually at the 10 sec mark, judg69
    Life is short. Enjoy the ride!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ebay is great for sellers sometimes. but yes there are buyers who are insane. Often find that those people in buying frenzies dont actually pay for the item. Most people couldnt care less about unpaid item strikes. It can really suck as a seller to have to relist after "Getting" above what you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fourthirteen View Post
    Are you talking about the Ebay Final Value Fee that typically runs about 10%? I don't think i've ever seen an offer that essentially waives that fee, it seems like its usually the Listing Fee (typically less than $1) that they are offering to waive...maybe i need to read the offer emails a little closer. Thanks.
    This is what I am talking about - I got it today as well (great for when you are selling a watch close to $1000):

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  56.7 KB
    fourthirteen likes this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour ętre heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

It's just the competitive nature of humans in action. If you've been watching the item in question for 7+ days and now it comes down the wire to win the item, the bidder might be fixated and attached to the item and want to buy it at whatever cost. In other words, an irrational desire to "win" the item trumps the prior objective to get the best deal possible.
    Quantumleap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthjade View Post
    This is what I am talking about - I got it today as well (great for when you are selling a watch close to $1000):

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  56.7 KB
    I definitely need to be on the lookout for that. The Final Value Fee is a killer.
    Thanks Earthjade.

ebay has different special offers, perks and rules for countries around the world. For the most part the specials/perks are determined by your selling and buying history.

I got a nice Tudor date-day on ebay that some guy couldn't sell on the forums. Went up for auction and just not enough people were watching. Sometimes you can get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    buyer soon realizes he/she can buy it almost half price from other retailers...he/she gonna take a negative feedback and not pay.....kakakaka....give it 3 days, that watch gonna get relisted..lol.
    Sellers can’t really leave negative feedback from buyers anymore. Just another way eBay has become a better place for buyers than sellers. I do love when a bidding war when I sell a beater for more than I paid new though.
    What's he building in there?...I'll tell you one thing, He's not building a playhouse for the children.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information