Magnetic Eye Shadow Palette - Problem?

Thread: Magnetic Eye Shadow Palette - Problem?

Magnetic Eye Shadow Palette - Problem?

I'm probably overthinking this (one of my problems), but thought I'd ask for opinions.

I bought two new eye shadow palettes yesterday. They're pick your own color types. You pick the shadows you want and they're fitted into the case, where they are held in place by magnets.

I'm right-handed which means I'd hold the case in my left hand (the one with the watch) while applying the shadow with my right.

Do you think my watch is in danger of being magnetized? I'm not really sure how strong the magnets are. The shadows are about the size of quarters and quite light so I'm assuming not terribly strong.

I know, I'm so the only one on here with this problem. You guys probably don't use the pick your own palettes.

Jeannie

Re: Magnetic Eye Shadow Palette - Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GinGinD View Post
    I'm probably overthinking this (one of my problems), but thought I'd ask for opinions.

I bought two new eye shadow palettes yesterday. They're pick your own color types. You pick the shadows you want and they're fitted into the case, where they are held in place by magnets.

I'm right-handed which means I'd hold the case in my left hand (the one with the watch) while applying the shadow with my right.

Do you think my watch is in danger of being magnetized? I'm not really sure how strong the magnets are. The shadows are about the size of quarters and quite light so I'm assuming not terribly strong.

I know, I'm so the only one on here with this problem. You guys probably don't use the pick your own palettes.

Jeannie
    I do, but I use my right hand so no problem.

Honestly, I can't imagine that small a magnetic field would be enough to cause damage but lysander ought to be providing the definitive answer to this one.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Banned

It should be OK. Just to be 1000% safe, try with one of your least favourite watches.

GinGin! How is your Coctail Rolex, thar little beauty? Have you had the diamonds fixed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    It should be OK. Just to be 1000% safe, try with one of your least favourite watches.

GinGin! How is your Coctail Rolex, thar little beauty? Have you had the diamonds fixed?
    I have no least favorite watches!

I just picked up my cocktail Rolex yesterday morning. I hadn't posted anything because I don't have any pics yet and I know how you guys are. There actually wasn't anything wrong with the diamonds. It was just being serviced and cleaned.

I haven't worn it yet. It's strictly for dress up. A very girly watch. It's still nice to have it home though.

Jeannie

should be OK, theyre not that large im guessing, and thats not close enough to the magnets to even be in their feild. (sorry, thats the ENGInerd in me)

Put down the makeup and get yer hubby to post some pics!

Thread Information